This all-inclusive experience includes complimentary drinks, unlimited wi-fi, complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea Spa, an abundance of luxurious amenities and more. Spotless. All cabins have one double bed convertible to two single beds except for Studio Interior. The Studio Interior cabins are the smallest cabins available on the ship. The indoor promenade features both main and specialty restaurants, 11 state-of-the-art boutiques and over 250 brands. Especially when they are closed most of the day. Like the previous category, these cabins offer a superb balcony with great sea views and are wonderful for watching the ship arrive or leave a port or just hanging out on during a sea day! The ability to have your own private outdoor space at all times can be wonderful on busier voyages or if you just really want a secluded hideaway with a good book! Additionally, they have their own private whirlpool which is located outside offering views out to sea could that sound any more amazing?! Cabins 13265, 13376, 14235, 14278 have only bunk bed. There are just eight of these, all located at the front of decks 9 and 10, and 12 and 13, and come in at 559 square feet. This means that a solo person may have to pay double the price of a person sharing with another passenger. Amenities: Two single beds that can convert to a European-style king size bed some staterooms have a single or double sofa bed to sleep one or two more guests window spacious wardrobe bathroom with shower or tub interactive TV telephone Wifi . I love cruising with MSC but it is very different from cruising with an American or British line. Unfortunately it could be a bit of awalk the nearest lifts are around 9197. https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Virtuosa/Deckplan.aspx. The colours vary by deck so a cabin on deck 8 and deck 10 will have a different colour scheme. It is possible that Decks 8 & 9 may not be used according to posters on this forumand you could be moved. Waiter 2 asks us after 10 minutes sitting for our drinks order, to be told we can only have wine. Powered by Invision Community. These are 172 square feet and there are 650. Surface 27 sqm, with balcony (approx 26-30 sqm) with its own private whirlpool bath, deck 9-13, Surface 25 sqm, balcony approx 3-14 sqm, deck 9-14, Bathroom with bathtub, vanity area with hairdryer, Interactive TV, telephone, Wifi connection available (for a fee), and minibar, Surface approx 12 to 17 sqm, balcony approx 4-8 sqm, Interactive TV, telephone, Wifi connection available (for a fee), safe and minibar, DeluxeBalcony Aurea (best ship position, surface 17 sqm, deck 11-13), Deluxe Balcony (surface 17 sqm, deck 8-14), Deluxe Balcony with Partial View (surface 17 sqm, deck 8, 14), Studio Balcony (single use, surface 12 sqm, deck 13-14), Bathroom with shower, vanity area with hairdryer, Premium Ocean View, can accommodate up to 6 people (surface 25 sqm, deck 9-11), Deluxe Ocean View (surface 16 sqm, deck 5), Junior Ocean View (surface 12 sqm, deck 8), Junior Ocean View with obstructed view (surface 12 sqm, Deck 8), Bathroom with shower, vanity area and hairdryer, Deluxe Interior (surface 17 sqm, deck 5-14), Studio Interior (single use, surface 12 sqm, deck 5-14). Fruit juices and hot drinks on tap. All cabins onboard the MSC Virtuosa have TVs. . Ever wondered how the mainstream cruise lines compare? Lots of choices and plenty of seating. The numbers don't lie5 outstanding and unique pools, including one of the biggest and most intricate waterparks at sea! Alas, it wasn't even a moderately pleasant one. Next morning absolute free for all in the buffet for breakfast, great selection of foods but hard work getting any and it saying warm . Hi, looking at the deck plan would you say it's possible to walk from cabin 14022 to 14033 via the route shown? The cabins on these ships are some of my personal favourites. 183 ft, Bathroom with shower or bathtub, vanity area and hairdryer, Grand Suite Aurea with Terrace and Whirlpool (approx. To learn more about obstructed views, including why you should consider one, check out this post: I love the balcony cabins on these ships. Cabins were lovely. All standard cabins have a shower room with a shower stand with glass doors, a footrest for leg shaving and a clothesline for drying. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. .css-18jw8gc{-webkit-appearance:none;-moz-appearance:none;-ms-appearance:none;appearance:none;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;-webkit-user-select:none;-moz-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none;position:relative;white-space:nowrap;vertical-align:middle;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;line-height:1.2;border-radius:var(--chakra-radii-md);transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-normal);height:auto;min-width:var(--chakra-sizes-10);font-size:var(--chakra-fontSizes-md);background:none;border:0;color:black;display:inline;margin:0px;padding:0!important;font-family:var(--chakra-fonts-Roboto);font-weight:500;padding-top:0.625rem;padding-bottom:0.625rem;-webkit-padding-start:1rem;padding-inline-start:1rem;-webkit-padding-end:1rem;padding-inline-end:1rem;}.css-18jw8gc:focus-visible,.css-18jw8gc[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}.css-18jw8gc:disabled,.css-18jw8gc[disabled],.css-18jw8gc[aria-disabled=true],.css-18jw8gc[data-disabled]{opacity:0.4;cursor:not-allowed;box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-none);}.css-18jw8gc:active,.css-18jw8gc[data-active]{border:var(--chakra-borders-none);background:none;}.css-18jw8gc:hover,.css-18jw8gc[data-hover]{border:var(--chakra-borders-none);background:none;}.css-18jw8gc:focus,.css-18jw8gc[data-focus]{border:var(--chakra-borders-none);outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-none);}Cookie Consent. MSC YACHT CLUB DELUXE SUITE. Most expensive grade. Featuring Rob, the first humanoid robotic bartender at sea! This warm, elegant bar offers a carefully selected wine list and creative signature cocktails accompanied by the sound of live jazz music and a pop-up art gallery. MSC Cruises call the industry-standard Outside cabins as Ocean View which is a better name and makes more sense. Near lifts, have bean told Lifts are just for staff, My husband uses a stick, if lifts are not for us then its a long walk. Staff all friendly, even when busy! 15 minutes later 3 drinks out of 10 arrive, another 10 minutes and 2 more arrive. Tech plays a big part in the MSC Virtuosa experience, and you are encouraged to download the MSC for Me app, which allows you to make bookings in restaurants, shows and the spa, keep track of your booked activities and your onboard spending, as well as keep track of your kids. The age profile is lower than other ships, many in 30s and up and lots of families; the vibe is a busy and active one. The cabins on board the MSC Virtuosa range in size from 17 metres squared to 57 metres squared and are able to accommodate up to 6 guests. Click hereto find out more about our enhanced Health & Safety measures and our new, even safer onboard experience. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. All cabins have a double bed that can be divided into two (except the 12 solo cabins which have a single bed), interactive TV, wardrobe, fridge, sofa, fixed desk and stool and numerous charging and USB points (including two hidden below the light fixture by the side of your bed). I personally believe that there are no bad cabins on cruise ships. There is also a variation on where the bed is placed, the bed can either be by the balcony or by the bathroom, each balcony cabin alternates between the two. This shouldnt be a big problem as the buffet isnt open late into the night but it may be something to bear in mind. Cruisedeckplans provides full interactive deck plans for the MSC Virtuosa Deck 16 deck. Open living/dining room with sofa that converts to double bed, Master bedroom with double bed which can be converted into two single beds (on request), Interactive TV, telephone, safe and minibar, Bathroom with shower or bathtub, vanity area with hairdryer. Activities for children: foreign language learning games and Doremi Chef cooking sessions with our onboard staff (subject to availability), Double bed that can be converted to two single beds (on request), Varied programme of Broadway-style theatre shows available almost every day. Can you help booked 9275 at back of ship. Much more crowded than any other ship Ive been on. Single cabin with reduced size bed (140x200cm). The food. 635 ft, Balcony Aurea (best location, approx. There is no right or wrong choice in picking a cabin, some people prefer inside cabins because they only sleep/get changed in them and use the savings for other things on their cruise (or a longer cruise!). So why should you upgrade? A gourmet ice cream parlour and French-style crperie dreamed up by award-winning master pastry chef Jean-Philippe Maury. On board MSC Virtuosa, you'll have the unique opportunity to admire two spectacular productions: AJEDREZ, inspired by the game of chess, and ARKYMEA, the story of a scientist in search of a hidden world. The only difference being the window instead of a balcony. We found the included DP to be perfectly adequate. Cabin Category: 3B. I had the BEST nights sleep, it was so dark. We realize that hunger can strike at any time and at the Atmosphere South Bar our expert chefs serve up fresh and tasty specialties hot off the grill 20 hours a day. Size: 161 - 194 sq. 183 ft, Studio Balcony (single occupancy, approx. Double bed/single beds. Guests are also able to use the onboard TV to check their onboard account as well as watching multiple TV channels. MSC also have a brilliant app which I would recommend you download before you cruise with them. Explore cabin grade options, types of cabins, and finally, a detailed tour of a balcony cabin on deck 12. You'll also be presented with a wristband that acts as your cruise card, so it opens your door and pays for drinks and onboard purchases, like a SmartWatch. You could often over hear conversations between guests sharing their stories of anger and disappointment. Enjoy the atmosphere of the big game in our unique sports bar. Both are a fairly long walk from the nearest lifts especially 386. MSC is a no-frills floating Butlins. I have stayed in a similar location in the past and didnt have any trouble but I was out during the evenings. Lots of queues. They were fabulous. Bookable with Bella and Fantastica experiences only. Tables not cleared, Somebody had been sick just outside the food hall, didnt get cleaned up, was still there 2 hours later when I walked past. therefore they have a slightly reduced bed (140 x 200cm) compared to the other cabins on the ship. When booking a solo cabin guests are given one price. You can find my full list of cruise essentials on the page here Cruise Essentials. Find details and photos of MSC Virtuosa cruise ship on Tripadvisor. cruise mummy aug 22 2016 adventure of the seas cabins to avoid cruise mummy norwegian cruise line begins pre cruise entertainment reservations cruise hive feb 22 2022. Unfortunately, the cabin we were allocated was much further aft than the one we had chosen on deck 9. Inside, Oceanview or Balcony Cabins (Adjoining if possible), Multiple Inside, Oceanview or Balcony Cabins OR a Suite. Dance away into the early hours in our chic nightclub. We departed hungry within 30mins of being seated. Download for free from Google Play or the App Store Solos: If you're travelling solo, opt for one of 12 Interior Studios, which are 129 square feet. These cabins also offer a larger vanity desk area and a sofa bed, which can be converted into further berths if required. The shows take place twice a night, six nights a week, only at the Carousel Lounge, a glamorous, modern, technology-packed venue. Yes, its great for a cheapy off-season few days away. An exception to this is if a guaranteed cabin is booked and the guest is upgraded. A balcony cabin is a sure way of enjoying your cruise even more! Splurge: Opt for a Yacht Club cabin (Tip: all cabins are all billed as suites but there are a number of interiors that come in at considerably less cost than the balcony cabins, but you still get all the YC perks). If that isn't an issue, personally I would opt for the aft cabin. We should have trusted our instincts. For the cruise price its great value BUT the extras could really add up, although I didnt pay for any. On arrival guests will select a code for the safe, when disembarking the cruise the safe should be left empty and open ready for the next guest. The wide and varied choice of draft beers, bottled beers, ciders and cocktails that we carefully selected are sure to quench even the strongest thirst. There . There arent any free to use laundries on MSC ships so your only option is to pay to have your clothes laundered. Was quoted a fantastic price in the Black Friday sale for 2 balcony cabins, each for sole occupancy. The a la carte restaurants experience was odd: No music; clinical atmosphere; tables three inches apart (literally); we weren't offered drinks at any point during our meal; it was insisted the dessert order be taken during the starter/main order; the staff wouldn't really speak to us; all the noisy dirty plate scraping etc. The very best accommodation on the ship is a pair of Royal Suites within the MSC Yacht Club. 19 Mendelssohn. Taste our Signature Cocktail while you enjoy a pre-show followed by this unique entertainment experience. 5th and 6th beds available in Premium Ocean View and Premium Suite Aurea There are arcade style games but hardly played when I passed by. MSC Virtuosa is one of MSC Cruises latest ships the Meraviglia-Plus class ship can carry a maximum capacity of 6,334 passengers but this number is calculated on the basis of every available berth on the ship being occupied (i.e. MSC Virtuosa - balcony cabin no 8099 Cruisereiziger 1.14K subscribers Subscribe 5 Share 5.7K views 1 year ago A tour of balcony cabin no 8099 with a pretty large balcony! All cabins on the MSC Virtuosa have hairdryers. Your browser may be out of date or not compatible with our new site and may not be secure. Each cruise ship cabin is built in the same way and its only the location that changes. Not that they needed it but I do think they should have a member of staff near by supervise, just for safety reasons. None of the cabins on the MSC Virtuosa have irons. Tradition and modernity go hand in hand in this stylish sushi restaurant. Rob the robotic bartender is interesting. Interior cabins dont have windows or any outside space. This version of the Premium Suite Aurea comes with its own larger balcony (or terrace as it is called) and are generally at the front of the ship, offering a curved frontage. Expect everything you would expect in a hotel room, just in a smaller space. Located in the impressive indoor promenade, it's the perfect place to enjoy a mouth watering made-to-order crpe, with your choice of delicious sweet or savory fillings. Preference of cabin subject to availability. Setting Area with double sofa bed. The promenade is destined to become the ultimate destination for socializing and entertainment possibilities . Cherbourg - a 15-min stroll and youre in the harbour/main town centre area. You'll find generic shampoo and gel in fixed dispensers in the shower. The Yacht Club is for those with a few Bob who get their own bit of the ship, good luck to them in their posh enclave. Partial view cabins are usually obstructed either by some machinery fitted externally to the ship, or, lifeboats (or a mixture of both) they usually differ, so there isnt a standard partial view as such. Having travelled on many other lines inc. Royal Caribbean, Princess, Costa, P&O, Celebrity, Thomsons, I thought Id try MSC. (Free on P&O). The daily schedule it also available on the TV. The ship itself is well-appointed, a little blingy but just so busy everywhere. These cabins usually go fairly quickly when bookings open so make sure your reserve yours sooner than later. The traditional American-style steakhouse, Butchers Cut, celebrates the skill of a master butcher. 624 ft, MSC Yacht Club Duplex Suite with Whirlpool (approx. What this means, of course, is that kids of all ages are welcome and the traditional family mix you would expect on an MSC cruise is maintained. Our son played football in the hall with other boys and girls, he had great fun and I must say all the kids playing were well behaved, and were all having a laugh and jokes and great banter amongst themselves . MSC Yacht Club comes with a different set of benefits that other MSC Experiences offer (such as Bella, Fantastica or Aurea) and youll find you have access to your own private butler, 24/7 private concierge, Yacht Club bar, restaurant, buffet and outdoor grill area. Grab yourself a drink from our extensive list of cocktails, mocktails, Spritz, Mojitos, classic cocktails, beers or ciders and feel the beat. 877-665-4655. Oh sod this lets move on After showering and sharing 2 towels between 3 of us we head up to the tv lounge for bingo( massively overpriced) Again the service was shocking, no table service, 30 minute queue at the bar, 1 girl taking orders, 1 guy serving drinks. MSC Cruises describe this as a ship within a ship and they are not wrong! Complimentary beverage in all onboard bars and restaurants, according to the selection available in each venue. MSC is mutton dressed as lamb. Cabin Category: O1. I feel I spent my cruise queuing. All cabins on the MSC Virtuosa have safes. There was loads of storage, a huge wardrobe, and multiple other shelves. With in 5 mins we had our drinks, meal all at our table. This isnt a genteel experience, thats more for P&O (the vibe of which I also enjoy). Two bathrooms (one with bathtub, one with shower). There are various wrinkle-release sprays you can buy too. MSC Virtuosa is one of the most environmentally-sound ships at sea and an energy-efficient role model for modern cruising. Not only can Rob mix a range of signature cosmic drinks, he also speaks 8 languages, and enjoys entertaining guests with jokes, riddles and space facts. Double bed can be converted into two single beds (on request). I hired a European plug converter - 30!!!! The only difference is the slightly smaller size and the fact there is only one bed. Angled Balcony. From Signature Cocktails, beers, coladas, soft drinks, coffee and tea there is something to suit everyones taste. Youll also find a Daily Planner delivered each day to your cabin that includes details of all activities on the ship and information on the port you are visiting. The image is representative only, 2023 MSC Cruises S.A. All rights reserved. Atmospheric and charismatic, our traditional British pub is the perfect setting to drop in for a pint. Mon-Fri 9am - 7pm ESTSat-Sun 9am - 6pm EST. 16 Debussy. Posted June 3, 2021. I Took a Northern Lights Cruise Heres What I Packed (Clothes, Accessories & More). ft. (which is equivalent to approx. Like on all cruise ships interior cabins are the lowest grade of cabin that doesnt mean they are they are the worst though. Get MSC Virtuosa price drops 250,000+ people have entered their email. At the very top end of MSC Virtuosa, there is the MSC Yacht Club. Mon-Fri 9am - 7pm EST Sat-Sun 9am - 6pm EST. Yacht Club Facilities include: All Yacht Club cabins are located together as shown below: The below is a summary of the suites available. The design. Ive cruised in both an inside cabin and a balcony cabin on the MSC Meraviglia and have stayed in an inside cabin on the MSC Virtuosa. SHOCKING. Arrived at the terminal . With the longest LED dome at sea & over 12,500 sq. Didnt try any on this occasion. Air emissions Conversely, other times we failed to secure a table at all due to so many of them covered in the detritus of their long-departed previous occupants, while staff casually swanned about with more important things to do. Private Whirlpool! The MSC Virtuosa has cabins identical to that found on Virtuosas sister ships MSC Meraviglia, MSC Bellissima and MSC Grandiosa. 18 Schumann. The cabins on board the MSC Virtuosa range in size from 17 metres squared to 57 metres squared and are able to accommodate up to 6 guests. 36 Things You Are Getting Wrong About Cruising Cruise Myths Busted! They behave like miserable robots devoid of emotion and charisma. . MSC Yacht Club is accessed by keycard only and limited to a number of passengers. Broadcasting live throughout the ship, our TV Studio and radio suite air live games, quizzes, talent contests and other fun content. The staff avoid doing anything more than the minimum. Everything else is a variation on this, including the suites, of which there are a wide range (for a comprehensive list of cabin types see our article .css-hghiur{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;font-weight:var(--chakra-fontWeights-medium);border-bottom-width:1px;border-bottom-style:dotted;cursor:pointer;color:var(--chakra-colors-blue-base);border-color:var(--chakra-colors-blue-base);}.css-hghiur:focus-visible,.css-hghiur[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}.css-hghiur:hover,.css-hghiur[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;border-bottom-width:1px;border-bottom-style:solid;}How to Choose a Cruise Ship Cabin).