Functions and conferences booked in the MCC Committe With modern internal design, Stumps Tavern is a premium event space in the heart of the prestigious MCC Members' Reserve. Patel also said that state-of-the-art drainage system will help the ground dry up in quick time in case of a heavy downpour. There are a few steps involved in booking an event at MCG and the VenueNow team are here to do the heavy lifting for you. Set in the heart of the Melbourne Cricket Club members reserve, the Members Dining Room is the ideal setting for your conference, lunch or dinner. Melbourne Cricket Ground / MCG. Architectural Buildings History Museums, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG): Address, Phone Number, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) Reviews: 4.5/5. Also Read | 'India will now demoralise England': Akhtar predicts result of series. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. We will use this room again knowing the same staff will be on. All in all, 4 solid stars for appearance and atmosphere. Was a bit cool so a decent jacket/coat is required. The Committee Room features spectacular views towards the hallowed turf and an exceptional range of paintings, photographs and iconic features depicting the MCGs long and proud history. Melbourne. Right from the point of entry from being bowled over by a Dennis Lillee figurine, up uptil the point you end the tour and exit the stadium, you are bound to be in awe. Kohli has left Australia today morning. Ask any Victorian and they'll be aware of the Melbourne Cricket Ground's status as the home of sport. Please don't get me wrong, we loved the tour - we were just disappointed we didn't get to see inside the dressing rooms as I am sure ypu can understand. The last leg of the tour ends with a visit to the National museum, ticket to which is to be purchased separately. The guide John was wonderful and brought the tour to life with his passion and love for the MCG and Stadium. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. This is no ordinary museum. India Vs Australia Boxing Day Test (Melbourne Cricket Ground): Virat Kohli made sure to give a dressing room speech amidst the rest of the Indian cricket team, wishing them good luck for the three . The souvenirs were a bit on the high side, they were similar to what youd pay in the states if you went to a baseball game I suppose. Experience made even better by our team winning. Are tours still happening currently or have they been suspended? Orange crash barriers protect spectators from potential terrorist attack by car. 100000 (approx, including standing room) Known as: The MCG, The "G" Dimensions: 172.9m long, 147.8m wide: Ends: . All in all, it is a no-brainer for when you are in the city of Melbourne and looking to explore the city and its rich heritage. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Functions and conferences booked in the MCC Committe With modern internal design, Stumps Tavern is a premium event space in the heart of the prestigious MCC Members' Reserve. Can I book a luggage room for a case as my plane is delayed and will have to go straight to MCG, Will tours operate in May to September, COVID permitting of course. Easy to get to from all locations. . The room is perfectly positioned between magnificent views of Yarra Park and the hallowed turf, and with fresh modern design complemented by an abundance of natural light, it offers an award-winning experience for your guests. I would like to bring a Probus group to visit. Thank you for making our night so enjoyable. Great afternoon watching AFL & making new friends. 277 Australian Cricket Team Dressing Room Premium High Res Photos Browse 277 australian cricket team dressing room photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more photos and images. Suggested duration 1-2 hours Suggest edits to improve what we show. Overall it was a nice experience. Home. A must do for sports fans, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria Tours & Tickets, Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne, Station Pier Cruise Ship Terminal Tours & Tickets, LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Melbourne Tours & Tickets, Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre Tours & Tickets. 90% of travelers recommend this experience. Other major sporting events here include Australian Rules Football, Soccer,Rugby Union, Rugby League, Lawn Bowls, and Squash. The MCG has a total capacity of 100,024 people, comprising 95,024 seats and 5000 standing room spaces. There are even some areas of the MCC that have a dress code of its own. From interactive exhibits to sporting challenges, theres so much to experience at the Australian Sports Museum Named after a legend of Australian Test Cricket, the Lindsay Hassett Room overlooks the MCG turf, where Hassett once dominated the batting with team mate, Sir Donald Bradman. Including an outdoor space, it is the perfect location for casual drinks and light food. Walked bloody fast. Meal in the members area was good. With an open kitchen, member Named after its location, directly beneath one of the MCGs iconic light towers, Tower 6 is a contemporary Melbourne bar. Would have been great to have a key ring or cap, something small. We felt very safe plenty of security and staff. The room also features a pre-function area with bar furniture perfect for networking drinks. Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experiences start time will not be accepted. The Jack Ryder Room, named after the champion Victorian and Australian cricketer, overlooks the arena and has perfect views for a lunch, dinner, or cocktail event. "Even in case of 8 cm of rainfall during a match, the water would drain out very fast. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. The following types of events can be held at The Melbourne Cricket Ground: If your specific event type is not on the list, contact one of VenueNow's Event Booking Experts and they will check if The MCG is able to facilitate your event or will help you find an alternate venue. Apart from its sporting events, the MCG has also witnessed many blockbuster music concerts, and even Pope John Paul II held a mass there when he visited Melbourne in 1986. A great experience! Plenty of facilities available, easy entry and easy to exit the grounds. Thank you for your feedback and we are very sorry and disappointed to read of your experience while on a tour and visit here to the MCG. Melbourne Cricket Ground is the Mecca of Australian cricket and a very important stadium in the world of the game of cricket. Named after one of the early pioneers of Australian rules football, this modern and versatile function space offers a pre-function area and wonderful views across the hallowed arena. Go for an AFL game or even just the MCG tour. I suggest you contact the Melbourne Cricket Club and ask them. Also, I like to spend my free time noobing around online multiplayer games. With a seating capacity of 1,10,000, which is more than Melbourne Cricket Ground, the GCA will put up around 55,000 tickets on sale for the next two Test matches at the venue. Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) 9,086 Reviews #9 of 782 things to do in Melbourne Sights & Landmarks, Arenas & Stadiums Brunton Ave | Yarra Park, Jolimont, Melbourne, Victoria 8002, Australia Save Highlights of Melbourne Cruise 372 Book in advance from $38.91 per adult Check availability View full product details JasonandNataliaR Sydney 189 88 At MCG Events, thoughts stretch beyond the stadium - transforming this traditional meeting place into a more inclusive, connected and accessible location for your next business event or social celebration. All The Best. 3D seatmap. The wa Named after one of the early pioneers of Australian rules football, this modern and versatile function space offers a pre-function area and wonderful views across the hallowed arena. Once we've received a response, the VenueNow team will contact you as soon as possible. All rights reserved www.3ddigitalvenue.com Buy Tickets What a great night, The grounds were well controlled, the facilities clean, modern and spacious. A pity we could not go into the long room due to a function, Seeing the inside story!!! The museum was absolutely awesome, so much sporting history in one place. Offering the benefit of undercover outdoor dining, and facing the Melbourne CBD skyline, Tower 6 is especially picture Adjoining the Olympic Room and in close proximity to a number of breakout spaces, the Betty Cuthbert Lounge is the ideal location for your event registration, pre-drinks, or conference catering. more. It's a special place. Had a ball watching my first AFL game. The stadium also houses the National Sports Museum, which includes some of the most priceless pieces of memorabilia in Australian sporting history. The guide shared with us some great history, exciting facts and fantastic memories. The Legends Room will impress your guests with its stunning views of Melbournes sporting precinct towards South Yarra, and on the other side the stadiums sacred turf. A very good guide who was passionate about the MCG and was very knowledgeable and friendly even to a Pom like me but seriously a great day out, Great tour of this iconic stadium A great attraction especially for tourists visiting Melbourne. The Legends Room is a dynamic space for your next dinner, conference or cocktail party. My husband being a huge cricket fan enjoyed every bit of it. There is something for everyone in the museum, even an interactive gallery. I was overjoyed to discover gluten free pies on sale. The ability to break the space into two areas provides an ideal location for pre-dinner drinks, unrivalled catering from MCG Events, or even a break-out room. The official YouTube channel of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. I understand why but we were not told about this until the tour started and it was disappointing- it was definitely one of the draw cards of the tour especially for my son Oliver who would love to have been able to saybhe say inside the dressing rooms at the MCG. Totally worth itmust see if you a cricket fan, River Gardens Melbourne Sightseeing Cruise. The stadium also has a clubhouse with 50 deluxe rooms and five suites" Patel said during the media tour of the stadium. The Frank Grey Smith Bar offers a bright space overlooking the hallowed turf. The stadium also has outdoor practice pitches and two practice grounds with small pavillion area. I recommend arranging this in advance if your events are from May-September. It can be divided into two or used as one large space. There are fleeting moments at the 'G that stay with you forever. more, Melbourne Sports Experience + Free MCG Tour. 100% of travelers recommend this experience. We felt very safe plenty of security and staff. The MCG has hosted plenty of international cricket, including the first-ever Test and the 1992 World Cup final, countless VFL/AFL Grand Finals, the 1956 Olympic Games and 2006 Commonwealth Games. A number of Art Deco buildings in the area are listed on the Victorian Heritage Register. Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Brunton Ave Yarra Park, Jolimont, Melbourne, Victoria 8002 Australia What To Expect Meet your tour guide at the Gate 3 entrance to the Melbourne Cricket Grounds.