They tried to suppress what I was doing or make me feel bad about it. She used the nickname Mr. Having that foundation of honesty and trust allowed us to get through things in life that made it so I couldn't envision anyone else by my side. Kendall Jenner steps out in sheer blue dress amid Bad Bunny romance, Gayle King says she doesnt have a desire to retire: I want more work, Sofia Richie shares intimate snaps from honeymoon with Elliot Grainge, Barry Manilow, Bruce Sussman on really surreal show finally coming to Broadway, Taylor Swift's Atlanta ticket prices are dropping big time. Cooper recapped her first date with "Mr. Terms of Use When I came home that night, my entire house was covered in candles, lit all over, music playing, and a scavenger hunt leading to Matt proposing, she recalled of Kaplans proposal at their Los Angeles home. The pair first met in a Zoom call in 2020. The reason for the nickname isnt just to protect their privacy Matt is so private, but he also loves the Daddy Gang, Cooper told W about her fiancs reaction to her listeners its also because the couple first met during a business Zoom meeting. The Instagram post shows Matt down on his knees in a garden after he popped the coveted question in a romantic setup filled with candles and flowers. Since gaining massive popularity with her podcast, Alex has hosted a number of celebrity guests who have spilled the beans on their personal lives. But as forthright as Cooper has always been, she has kept a few things for herself. Their relationship has remained a well-guarded secret for quite some time, with Alex Cooper dropping some hits from time to time in her podcast. I think I said yes at first. He then tied the knot with The Vampire Diaries star Claire Holt in 2016; the duo, however, separated the following year. The special moment was one that Alex didn't always envision for herself. Alexandra "Alex" Cooper is detailing the deeply personal yet incredibly romantic way her now-fianc, Matt Kaplan, proposed to her. He knew I wanted it to be private.". The interview revealed that Kaplan proposed to Cooper last month at their Los Angeles-based residence. More About Alex Cooper And Matt Kaplan engagement. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Ive conditioned myself to say Mr. When I came home that night, my entire house was covered in candles, lit all over, music playing, and a scavenger hunt leading to Matt proposing, she recalled of Kaplans proposal at their Los Angeles home. Elon Musk Tells Bill Maher Woke Mind Virus Is Dangerous On Real Time, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Miley Cyrus mom, Tish Cyrus, engaged to Prison Break star Dominic Purcell, Why the photos of Sydney Sweeney without her ring arent what they seem, Naomi Watts reacts to Billy Crudup engagement rumors while sporting massive ring, Jersey Shore star Angelina Pivarnick engaged to Vinny Tortorella, bought a $10.7 million Los Angeles estate, Nick Cannon celebrates Jada Pinkett Smith's 'Red Table Talk' cancellation: 'Good', Chance the Rapper's wife posts cryptic quote after his dance with another woman, Meghan Trainor 'can't walk' after 'nightmare' sex with 'big boy' Daryl Sabara, Famed New York socialite Patty Raynes found dead in her Palm Beach home, New photo of Meghan Markle that she 'never wanted the world to see', Michael J. He was later married from 2016 to 2017. She attends Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). It was very surreal.". document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Call Her Daddy podcaster Alexandra Cooper is engaged to Hollywood producer Matt Kaplan, sources exclusively tell Page Six. Cooper's engagement ring features a 5-carat, antique oval-cut diamond. The podcast host explained how she met him at the airport after his flight from London with a sign that said "Mr. Kaplan a.k.a. All the Details Behind Alex Cooper's Gorgeous Antique Diamond Engagement Ring from Matt Kaplan, Who Is Christine Brown's Fianc? I'm so happy that we've normalized being vulnerable, and I've taken that into my relationship with Matt. The film exec proposed to Cooper in March, coming up with an elaborate ruse in order to keep me out of the house, out of my sweatpants, and in hair, makeup and nails so Id feel happy with the photos, the Boston University alum told W, revealing that he worked with her publicist to coordinate a fake photo shoot for Cooper. I bet no one had this on their 2023 bingo card lol , she captioned the April Instagram announcement, which featured a photo of Kaplan down on one knee. Your source for entertainment news, celebrities, celeb news, and celebrity gossip. 7,315, This story has been shared 6,352 times. Before founding his own film production company, he was the president of AwesomenessTV. Sexy Zoom Man" on her podcast first met on a Zoom call in 2020 during the coronavirus pandemic. Please do me the honor of marrying me. I like, blacked out. And now here I am. Still, Cooper couldnt help but joke about her past feelings toward marriage while announcing the exciting news via Instagram. His company has produced the To All the Boys Ive Loved Before franchise and more hit movies. Call Her Daddy host Alex Cooper is engaged to film producer Matt Kaplan, whom she calls Mr. Alex Cooper is engaged! dvelopper et amliorer nos produits et services. Who has dated Alex Cooper? After doling out relationship and sex advice on her podcast, Alex Cooper is ready to take the next step in her life: marrying fianc Matt Kaplan. I Still Love You," "Dance Camp," and "Before I Fall." The pair have also reportedly moved into together, with real estate site,Dirt, reporting that Cooperand Kaplan, 39,bought a $10.7 million Los Angeles estate, and live together at the Studio City compound. Growing up, I never wanted to conform to something that society is telling us: to get married to a man and live happily ever after, she explained to W. So many marriages in my life are so unhealthy and unstable. Cooper has traditionally used codenames for her boyfriends on the podcast in the past, such as Red Sox and Slim Shady., Last year, fans buzzed that Mr. Sexy Zoom Man" in an Aug. 5, 2020, episode, telling followers how the pair decided to go out to dinner after initially meeting on Zoom a week prior. Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. She assists on all verticals but has particular interest in entertainment and lifestyle. News App, Rodin Eckenroth, Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images. Cooper shared additional engagement details on the April 26 episode of Call Her Daddy. Sexy Zoom Man., After setting up a fake photo shoot with the help of Cooper's publicist in order to have the podcaster out of the house and in hair and makeup Kaplan popped the question at the couple's L.A. home. With Matt, it immediately was obvious to me, once our relationship progressed to the point that it was time, that yes, I would love to marry him, she gushed. He started as an assistant at Lionsgate and eventually worked his way up to an executive position where he got to work on the Hunger Games films. Oval-cut rings are a longtime celebrity favorite; Hailey Bieber, Kourtney Kardashian and Blake Lively are among the many stars who proudly sport stones in the classic shape. This story has been shared 7,315 times. ", "We went to a date night at Giorgio Baldi in November, and I told him that he could propose whenever he wanted," she recalled. Si vous souhaitez personnaliser vos choix, cliquez sur Grer les paramtres de confidentialit. In order to view the gallery, please allow Manage Cookies. Sexy Zoom Man" in an effort to keep his identity private. With that being said, she can't put a finger on how she imagines her special day. If that was to occur, Matt would join a long list of interview subjects that Alex has welcomed, including Hailey Bieber, Madison Beer and Cole Sprouse. You make me a better man. The two were engaged in July 2015 and got married on April 28, 2016. He's also so supportive of my career. After the final clue told her to meet him outside, Cooper walked out to her courtyard where she found Kaplan waiting for her with a vintage oval-cut diamond ring and her two dogs dressed in little bowties. The success of the film led Kaplan to produce its sequels and the spinoff show XO, Kitty. Previously, she has worked at HGTV Magazine where she assisted in compiling the print issues and at Backstage. Here's everything to know about Matt Kaplan and his relationship with the Call Her Daddy host. Please do me the honor of marrying me.' In 2013, Kaplan established Chapter One Films and was later approached by film producer Jeffrey Katzenberg to join the film division of the studio Awesomeness. Never say never." By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. Since rising to fame as the host of the Call Her Daddy podcast in 2018, 28-year-old Alex Cooper has proven that no topic is too personal for her audience of millions. In a W Magazine interview published. The businessman is the founder and CEO of Ace Entertainment, which has produced the To All the Boys I've Loved Before franchise, The Lazarus Effect, Before I Fall and more. Its definitely weird to say his name out loud, Cooper told W magazine in April 2023 while talking about her engagement to Kaplan, who popped the question one month prior. Ultimately, his career led him to Awesomeness Films where he began producing Netflix hit franchise To All The Boys I've Loved Before. He had invited all their family and friends to celebrate the couple's engagement at the Four Seasons in Los Angeles. Sexy Zoom Man, Kaplan was married to Australian actress Claire Holt, who starred in The Originals, a spinoff of The Vampire Diaries. In 2020, she met Kaplan, who is the CEO of Ace Entertainment and most recently produced the wildly. The 39-year-old is a film producer and businessman known for producing the young adult film franchise, To All the Boys, which is exclusive to Netflix. Lorsque vous utilisez nos sites et applications, nous utilisons des, authentifier les utilisateurs, appliquer des mesures de scurit, empcher les spams et les abus; et. In an interview with W Magazine published Monday, Cooper. "It's definitely weird to say his name out loud," Cooper told. His next show, XO, Kitty, is scheduled to premiere on Netflix on May 18, 2023. However, the pair ultimately split a day before their one-year wedding anniversary, citing "irreconcilable differences." When I came home that night, my entire house was covered in candles, lit all over, music playing, and a scavenger hunt leading to Matt proposing. Sexy Zoom Man on the podcast. "We had a really great dynamic early on that I didn't have in previous relationships, which is the amount that we communicateeven over-communicateabout difficult things. No princess gowns for me, although that would allow me to put sweatpants underneath.". "Matt and I had talked about having kids together, but I was always unsure if marriage was something that I wanted," she told the outlet. While Cooper is glad to be engaged, a wedding may not be in the near future as she never had any ideas or plans. While the Columbia University grad had walked down the aisle before, Cooper wasnt certain she ever wanted to tie the knot. Kaplan attended Columbia University, where he played quarterback for the Columbia Lions football team. Kaplan has a successful career as a Hollywood producer. When I started this show, I was so open about everything, maybe at times to the detriment of my personal life. "When I started this show, I was so open about everything, maybe at times to the detriment of my personal life," Cooper said. Kaplan's next step in going public? "I bet no one had this on their 2023 bingo card.". The podcast star, who confirmed that she and 39-year-old Hollywood producer Matt Kaplangot engagedon March 3 in a Wmagazine interview. How does he feel about entering into a more public space and having your millions of fans know who he is? Since moving to the platform, shes consistently ranked as the second most-listened-to podcast on the streamer, occasionally beating out her top competition (The Joe Rogan Experience) for the number-one spot. He has been the executive producer of TV shows like Clark and Michael, Ascension, My Dead Ex, and Are You Afraid of the Dark. Sitemap, Your California Privacy Rights He then joined Lionsgate Films and was involved in the production of many projects. How to Watch King Charles' Coronation Live in the U.S. I think we definitely want to get married next year.". Kaplan is a Columbia University alum who studied film, but went into production after graduation. The Call Her Daddy podcast host is set to tie the knot with film producer Matt Kaplan, she confirmed during an interview with W Magazine . 7,315, This story has been shared 6,352 times. No princess gowns for me, although that would allow me to put sweatpants underneath. Cooper went public with her beau in April 2023 when she revealed to W Magazine that she and Kaplan got engaged in March. Cooper, 28, famously signed a blockbuster $60 million deal with Spotify in 2021, when she took her hit show to the streaming service from buzzy pod and blog network Barstool Sports. Cooper announced her engagement to Hollywood producer Matt Kaplan in an April 23, 2023, interview with W Magazine. But with Matt, it immediately was obvious to me, once our relationship progressed to the point that it was time, that yes, I would love to marry him.". Every week hes like, Hows the episode going? ET has reached out to Cooper's reps regarding news of her engagement. This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. When I came home that night, my entire house was covered in candles, lit all over, music playing, and a scavenger hunt leading to Matt proposing, she recalled of Kaplans proposal at their Los Angeles home. Revealing details about the engagement day, she said: He talked about our relationship and his love for me, and then he asked me to open the card sitting there and to follow the scavenger hunt around the house., Youre my soulmate, the love of my life, Matt said during the proposal, Alex added. Thanks for contacting us. All About Ginnie Newhart, Who Is Howie Mandel's Wife? "With Matt, it immediately was obvious to me, once our relationship progressed to the point that it was time, that yes, I would love to marry him," she noted. Alex Cooper Reveals Details of 'Incredible' Engagement Including Surprise Cameo from Morgan Freeman! "There was a computer and the screen said 'play me.' 6,300, This story has been shared 4,794 times. We've received your submission. While the media influencer never originally planned to get married, she shared that the "foundation of honesty and trust" in their relationship and his support for her career made her reconsider. Privacy Notice Later, he was presented with a new opportunity to join Blumhouse, a horror movie production company. . How did the actual proposal go down? The podcaster explained that marriage plans werent on her bingo card but she changed her mind and let Matt know during a date in November last year. "It was a great moment it was cool to be like 'I made the right decision.' Check out the hottest fashion, photos, movies and TV shows! Following the proposal, Kaplan surprised Cooper yet again. He was later married from 2016 to 2017. But who knows? All rights reserved. We had a really great dynamic early on that I didn't have in previous relationships, which is the amount that we communicateeven overcommunicateabout difficult things. He later went on to found his own production company, Ace Entertainment. In terms of a full-length interview, I don't think right now. "He was beaming, because he had accepted that maybe we wouldn't get married," she told W Magazine. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix tout moment en cliquant sur le lien Tableau de bord sur la vie prive prsent sur nos sites et dans nos applications. ", She even joked they would get married before adding, "just kidding.". This is a perfect example of the evolution of my maturity in this industry. Before he was Mr. The 39-year-old CEO of production company Ace Entertainment got down on one knee with a 5-carat antique oval-cut diamond in Blakes signature single-prong setting, which showcases the rare gem. But with Matt, it immediately was obvious to me, once our relationship progressed to the point that it was time, that yes, I would love to marry him. "Matt is so private, but he also loves the Daddy Gang," Cooper told W. "Every week he's like, 'How's the episode going? Sexy Zoom Man.. The last clue was a glass of champagne and a card that said, Meet me down by the Buddha. The woman who lived here before us put this huge, 500-pound Buddha in the courtyard, and were convinced we cant take it outthats such bad luck. Sexy Zoom Man" on the podcast. The reason for the nickname isnt just to protect their privacy Matt is so private, but he also loves the Daddy Gang, Cooper told W about her fiancs reaction to her listeners its also because the couple first met during a business Zoom meeting. The star podcaster has confirmed her engagement to film producer and businessman Matt Kaplan following a profoundly intimate yet highly romantic proposal. Having that foundation of honesty and trust allowed us to get through things in life that made it so I couldn't envision anyone else by my side. He was born on April 14 1984in California and recently turned 39 years old. Sexy Zoom Man" on her podcast. Cooper went to search for Kaplan and discovered that the rooms were decorated with photos and the last one had a glass of champagne and a card that asked her to meet Kaplan by the Buddha statue in their home: Cooper then went near the Buddha that was put in their house's courtyard and she saw Kaplan, who went down on a knee to propose to her. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. What I do know is it will not be one of those big, big dresses. You cant look at things on social media and compare yourself. We've received your submission. Kaplan said his involvement varied throughout the production of the film, and he weighed in on various aspects including casting, wardrobe, production design and more. Call Her Daddy host Alex Cooper has confirmed her engagement to Matt Kaplan who is he and whats his age and net worth? Robot' Creator Sam Esmail, Who Is Keegan-Michael Key's Wife? Ive conditioned myself to say Mr. Matt is so private, but he also loves the Daddy Gang. 4,719, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved You make me a better man. A post shared by CALL HER DADDY (@callherdaddy). Part of the a360media Entertainment Group.Powered by WordPress VIP, Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google, Faye Sadou/Media Punch/INSTARimages.com; Rob Latour/Shutterstock, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window). I remember the shoot feeling like it had no direction, and I could tell everyone was stalling. Alex and Matt are not engaged, furthermore. Get yours now, Shop these 7 amazing Amazon deals ahead of this weekend, The 46 best Mother's Day gift ideas for all moms in 2023, How to watch 'Citadel': Everything to know about Prime Video's new series, The new Sling TV service includes 275+ live streaming channels, Elon Musk Tells Bill Maher Woke Mind Virus Is Dangerous On Real Time, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Why the photos of Sydney Sweeney without her ring arent what they seem, Naomi Watts reacts to Billy Crudup engagement rumors while sporting massive ring, Olivia Culpo looks bridal at Coachella after Christian McCaffrey engagement, Millie Bobby Brown gives closer look at engagement ring after Jake Bongiovi proposal, detailed Kaplans romantic March 3 proposal, Subscribe to our weekly Style Edit newsletter, Watch our celebrity-inspired Style Trial series, The craziest Met Gala outfits of all time: From Kim Kardashian to Rihanna, Time 100 Gala 2023 red carpet: Kim Kardashian, Doja Cat and more, Daily Front Row Fashion Awards red carpet: Gwyneth Paltrow, more. TheCall Her Daddypodcast host confirmed her engagement to Hollywood producer Matt Kaplan to W Magazinethis week. "I like, blacked out. Who is Alex Cooper's fianc Matt Kaplan? In 2020, she met Kaplan, who is the CEO of Ace Entertainment and most recently produced the wildly successful To All the Boys film series, on a Zoom business call, and the two quickly started dating. Sexy Zoom Man on her hit Spotify podcast. Alex Cooper and Matt Kaplan first met during a Zoom call in 2020. He is known for producing a wide range of films and teenage dramas, including recent films like "After," "The Perfect Date," "To All the Boys: P.S. From 2015 until 2017, he served as president of the company Awesomeness Films. The originally racy Barstool podcast pivoted to become a feminist-leaning destination for interviews with celebrity guests, including Miley Cyrus and Hailey Bieber. In 2020, Kaplan and Cooper initially met on a Zoom call, and to keep his identity concealed, he was playfully referred to as "Mr. Alex Cooper and Matt Kaplan are engaged Taking to her Instagram on Monday (April 24, 2023), Alex announced that she is engaged! Get yours now, Shop these 7 amazing Amazon deals ahead of this weekend, The 46 best Mother's Day gift ideas for all moms in 2023, How to watch 'Citadel': Everything to know about Prime Video's new series, The new Sling TV service includes 275+ live streaming channels, WNBA star Brittney Griner is heading to the Met Gala, Everything we know about Met Gala 2023: Guest list, theme, how to watch. Rebecca Aizin is an Editorial Intern at PEOPLE. Whats Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty and why is it the 2023 Met Gala theme? Alex Cooper, host of Call Her Daddy and the top female podcaster . "I called some friends over at Netflix and I said, 'I made this movie. After all, Alex only referred to him as "Mr. I don't have a Pinterest board of flowers and dresses. "We were doing a shoot at my studio in West. The film exec proposed to Cooper in March, coming up with an elaborate ruse in order to keep me out of the house, out of my sweatpants, and in hair, makeup and nails so Id feel happy with the photos, the Boston University alum told W, revealing that he worked with her publicist to coordinate a fake photo shoot for Cooper. All About Alaina Anderson, Ben Platt Says He's 'Enjoying the Fianc Stage' With Noah Galvin: 'You Only Get to Have That Once', Who Is Carol Burnett's Husband? "I remember the shoot feeling like it had no direction, and I could tell everyone was stalling. Kaplan worked with Los Angeles-based jewelry designer Jenna Blake to find the perfect setting single prongs and an ultra-thin gold band. I remember the shoot feeling like it had no direction, and I could tell everyone was stalling, she recalled, admitting that the plan kept her out of the house, out of [her] sweatpants, and in hair, makeup, and nails., Cooper elaborated, When I came home that night, my entire house was covered in candles, lit all over, music playing, and a scavenger hunt leading to Matt proposing.. When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. While the Columbia University grad had walked down the aisle before, Cooper wasnt certain she ever wanted to tie the knot. Alex Cooper referred to him as "Mr. With Matt, it immediately was obvious to me, once our relationship progressed to the point that it was time, that yes, I would love to marry him, she gushed.