According to the Mapei instructions, it says: It's a highly modified cement-based formula that uses extra-fine silica and polymer additives. 0000223721 00000 n For caulking around sinks, tubs, showers, countertops and ceramic tile floors. Its just superfine portland cement with added pigments for color. Hopefully this has been a helpful guide for understanding some of the key practical differences between different grout types. 0000187710 00000 n If you still want to use a cement-based grout, but are concerned about 'efflorescence', use MAPEIs Ultracolor Plus FAgrout, which uses calcium aluminate technology in place of Portland-cement-based cement, these type of cements do not contribute to 'efflorescence' and the final joints are more color consistent. Sanded grout is used for thicker grout lines, or for surfaces like floors that can get dirty easily. Ultracolor Plus FA is specially formulated with Mapeis High-Hydrated Cement Technology (HCT) to eliminate the common problems related to Portland-cement grout, such as color consistency and efflorescence. Ultracolor Plus Max includes DropEffect technology for reduced surface absorption, helping to repel water, dirt and grime from penetrating grout joints. This type of industrial epoxy grout is perfect in commercial kitchens exposed to oleic fatty acids, heat and enzymatic cleaners. Copyright 2023 MAPEI Corporation. Items may arrive in multiple shipments. Horseshoe Tile Spacers - 500ct. 0000201586 00000 n What Davy said. More Buying Choices. However, Ive never met such a person. Pre-blended, high-performance, polymer-modified cementitious mortar with water-repellent DropEffecttechnology for grouting joints up to 6 mm wide. That grout is one of the best on the market, however small sections and small batches is how it is utilized best. 0000192210 00000 n How to Mix Mapei Grout for Tile -- What Ratio to Use? Mapei Keracolor U 10lb Bag Unsanded Grout Various Colors. Ultracolor Plus Max is an ultra premium, fast-setting, polymer-modified, nonshrinking grout that offers rich and vibrant colors with maximized color depth and color consistency. Join Our Fast-Growing Team! For this reason, MAPEI recommends providing a minimum 24 hours for acclimation prior to application. FEATURESAND BENEFITS For interior/exterior floors and walls Contains BioBlock technology for mold and mildew resistance Should you use PRE-MIXED grout? Each epoxy is formulated to handle specific chemicals, cleaners and service duty. Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. In a list of the top causes of efflorescence, Mapei indicates that the problem often occurs when installers mix grout with too much water. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. But each of these manufacturers produce dozens of different formulations. MAPEI met this challenge head on with a ready-to-use for both commercial and residential installationsMAPEI Flexcolor CQ grout was born for interior and exterior applications. More expensive is NOT always better! So i've been researching grouts extensively for a porcelain bathroom floor and shower wall job (probably 3/16" grout lines). 4.4 out of 5 stars 16 ratings. Shop grout and a variety of flooring products online at Lowes.com. Again, please dont. I can however offer some general guidelines for residential bath and kitchen tile projects. Have a talk with your installer if you have questions about what kind of grout should be used for your particular project. The grout surface should be flush with the tile edge. Ask em what grout they plan to use, and why. trailer <]/Prev 681718>> startxref 0 %%EOF 127 0 obj <>stream So far, seems simple. 0000001653 00000 n Ultra color Plus FA with drop effect fast-setting, polymer-modified, color-consistent, non shrinking, efflorescence-free grout for joint widths from 1/16" to 3/4" (1.5 to 19 . Pre-blended, high-performance polymer-modified cementitious mortar for grouting joints 4 to 15 mm wide. . Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA is my favorite all-purpose grout. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no . He tells me grout lines are 3mm. Blunt Tool. Ive experimented with lots of em, and my favorite by far (so far at least) is Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA. It can be mixed to a buttery smooth consistency and squeezed into gaps as small as 1/16-in. 0000003938 00000 n B. For both the homeowner and the installer, it is a win-win scenario, not having to mix, wait, mix and mix again cement-based grout, wait for the grout to dry sufficiently in the joint before washing, greatly increasing efficiencywithout sacrificing performance (no efflorescence) or the end look of the grout. Mapei Keracolor U (unsanded) is a premium-grade, preblended, polymer-modified unsanded Portland-cement tile grout. #=}r9M)s3Lg> & 0000277186 00000 n Related documentation Download Download Instructions Download EPD Download Tile C-54: This subreddit contains almost every aspect of Ceramic and Mosaic Tile. Mapei Keracolor S 25 Lb Warm Gray Sanded Grout In The Department At Com. #1. 0000005848 00000 n It will grout joints from 1/8" to 5/8" (3 to 16 mm). 0000007035 00000 n T. theandroids TF. Epoxy is very expensive and difficult to work with. This almost surely means I'll be sticking to a urethane or epoxy grout. Depending on the formulation, some premixed grouts can be used on shower floors for residential applications. Fine-grained, high-performance white cementitious mortar for grouting joints up to 4 mm wide. Goldblatt 1/16in. Keracolor S Premium Sanded Grout with Polymer Keracolor S is a premium-grade, pre-blended, polymer-modified sanded Portland-cement tile grout that requires only the addition of water for mixing. Click to shop! MAPEI KERACOLOR GG 112 . Color-consistent nonshrinking efflorescence-free grout for joint widths from 116 to 34 15 to 19 mm. What about the dining area of a restaurant that will not be exposed to the same harsh environment? It doesn't shrink or crack as it dries and cures. . also I am wondering if it's safe to use on glossy ceramic subway tile? The color is not consistent. Price may vary according to the selected variations, This item will be SHIPPED and should arrive in 714 days. Reply to europa 0 OP Q Qwerty May 18, 2017 #4 I would opt for UCPlus all round in that case. Please turn it on so that you can experience the full capabilities of this site. SANDED grout is also pretty simple. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Name 59 Espresso* 07 Chocolate 35 Mocha - - 50 Sea Glass - - 67 Autumn Green 50 . I plan on removing the existing grout with an oscillating tool and a diamond blade, and re-grouting with Mapei Keracolor Unsanded white (on white tile). It is undeniable that Mapei's principal product is the high performance grout, ULTRACOLOR PLUS. In a word no, these grouts grouts are formulated for dry to intermittent wet conditions (water causes them to break down and emulsify) where very little water will be present, such as a backsplash or tub surround. If youre working with an install pro who is a big fan of a particular premixed brand/type and who can clearly explain why the benefits would outweigh the added costs and guarantee good results, then sure go ahead. H\n@E^&d!H$0noXu9]~ihar>v)\[j;sE>Ynu Make sure that all joints are well-compacted and free of voids and gaps. You are using an out of date browser. I simply wouldnt be able to guarantee a perfect result for a reasonable price. Same thing for shower floors and curbs. We laid 100m2 Hi All, Visitors outside of the United States: Please view our, We have adjusted the number of products entered as the maximum quantity threshold is 9,999. Find top brands like Mapei and a colored grout options. Portland di una comune stuccatura cementizia, i. ULTRACOLOR FA LA DIFFERENZA. For applications ranging from residential to heavy industrial, it is critical to match the right epoxy to the right application. Shipping charges may apply. Its not made from cement. Fortunately, you dont have to be a jobsite, MAPEIs Ultracolor Plus Max Jet Black and Pure Whitearethe blackest black and the whitest white grouts available today, featuring, Go to solutions using Ultracolor Plus Max, Premium, Sanded Siliconized Acrylic Caulk Keracaulk S is a premium-grade, sanded, easy-to-use, easy-to-clean siliconized acrylic caulk, Premium, Unsanded Siliconized Acrylic Caulk Keracaulk U is a premium-grade, unsanded, easy-to-use, easy-to-clean siliconized acrylic caulk, Rapid-Setting, All-in-One Grout Replacement for Sanded and Unsanded Grouts Ultracolor Plus FA with DropEffect technology is an ultra. For more information, please see our All of this with increased stain and chemical resistance! As for the white hex, Again, I'd go with the Warm Grey, OR, if you want something a little darker to hide the dirt, THEN you could try the Silver. Again, it really depends on the specific project. If the underlying waterproofing isnt done correctly then there is no tile or grout combination that will prevent eventual water damage. Grout is NOT waterproof! $32.90 $ 32. Reactions: Blunt Tool. Reply to Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall. 0000213366 00000 n But if your shower wall or tub surround tile was installed on the cheap with the tile set directly on drywall, then this will definitely be a problem. 5. so stain resistance performance is important. Took a few up now. Mapei grout color is uneven, unsure about the suggested fix Eileen 3 years ago A month ago we had our shower grouted with Mapei Keracolor sanded grout. This is because epoxy grout is almost waterproof and therefore is also nearly impossible to stain once fully cured. In practice, pre-mixed grouts are an expensive pain in the ass. 90 ($0.21 $0.21 / Fl Oz) FREE Returns . Every premix brand and formulation that Ive used also slides right off the float. I'm going to be re-grouting a ceramic tile tub surround for a friend. Heres an analogy. 0000207418 00000 n Who would have thought that choosing a grout color and deciding on the size of the joint (typically 1/16" to 1") could raise such a ruckus, often more than selecting the tile, stone or glass itself! In contrast, Mapeis Ultracolor Plus FA has never given me a problem in any situation. Scan this QR code to download the app now. Ultracolor Plus FA with DropEffect technology is an ultra premium, fine-aggregate, fast-setting, polymer-modified, color-consistent, nonshrinking, efflorescence-free grout for joint widths from 1/16" to 3/4" (1.5 to 19 mm). would grout scratch the tile surface? KERACOLOR FF is a high-performance, polymer-modified cementitious mortar with water-repellent DropEffect technology for grouting joints up to 6 mm. It is instead made of epoxy resin mixed with color pigments (kinda like super thick colored glue). '^&Ns /B$/O'MYg-Z. High Variation Vinyl & Resilient Flooring. This grout can be used straight from the re-sealable bucket on walls and floors (grout joints 1/16" to 1/2"). The key to any grout job is to remember, that although all grouts do the same job, fill the space between tiles, they can have very different features, benefits and limitations. But we were not skilled to move fast enough for the quick set of the Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA grout. stuck with BAL for years,do like ardex its just that a few customers seemed to go to tile giant and come away with Mapei grout the job in question was having Bal white grout which I was supplying until she shopped at tile giant then came back . }< Y]-^twn8,xvGn. Ultracolor Plus FA est especialmente formulado con la Tecnologa de cemento altamente hidratado de MAPEI (HCTTM) para eliminar los problemas comunes relacionados con lechada de cemento Portland, como consistencia en el color y eflorescencias.