: It may be a work of fiction, but the true-to-life portrayal of the worlds workings makes it worth watching over and over. The I, the R, and the S. Francesca Sutton, 30. Now I know you gonna give me my old job back cos nobody can take shit the way I take shit. And aint nobody gonna stop me from., Lida Newsom: Well talk is cheap, nigga!, 15. Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton Jada Pinkett, Queen Latifah . They all do well for it being their first robbery and they make away with 12,000 dollars, but that only being 3,000 a piece they know it is not enough to leave the hood so they decide to rob a few more banks. [tells stony] Turn off your television, and talk to your family. And ain't nobody gon' stop me from talkin bout it. Williams, Chaz Lamar Shepard as Stevie Newsom, Blair Underwood as Keith Weston, Charles Walker as Captain Fredricks, and Thomas Jefferson Byrd as Luther. Fox and Kimberly Elise star as four African American women living in a Los Angeles housing project who--pushed to the edge--resort to violence to escape. And ain't nobody gon stop me from talkin bout it. Knowing that this bank is big and has a lot of money this would be their last chance to achieve the dreams they have set out to achieve.Moment s before the robbery at the bank the same two LAPD detectives from in the beginning gave a brief at the bank about the robbers, so when they go to rob the bank the detectives are not far when the silent alarm goes off. Martin Luther was born to Hans Luder (or Ludher, later Luther) and his wife Margarethe (ne Lindemann) on 10 November 1483 in Eisleben, County of Mansfeld, in the Holy Roman Empire.Luther was baptized the next morning on the feast day of St. Martin of Tours.In 1484, his family moved to Mansfeld, where his father was a leaseholder of copper mines and smelters and served as one of four citizen . needs it more than any of us. Fox, Kimberly Elise You couldn't even WAIT! . Design and text 1996 - 2023 Jon Sandys. Set It Off (film) is distributed by New Line Cinema. Addresses are not passed on to any third party, and are used solely for direct communication from this site. Official Sites | Well, that's what Carol says. Set it off Off is a crime movie, that follows the struggle and lives of four different, but similar African-American women in the projects of Los Angeles. Lift him into the saddle on one side, over he topples on the other side. : May 1, 2023, 9:13 AM PDT. | Cleo Answer: I would also think Luther had found his "Retirement Fund" and was not going to give it up that easy, and had it hidden in a way that it was not going to be easily found, like he did, thanks to the not so crafty criminals who hid almost a million dollars in an air vent. : I mean, COME ON! "If the message delivered at this meeting is more hawkish, it could provide a near-term negative surprise for equities," Wilson said. : Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.\"I do NOT own the video parts in this video. What the hell? At the age of 20, he came across the Bible for the first time. This decision led to a series of events no one anticipatedthey're thrown into drama, action, and many surprises. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Toggle navigation . Two! Cleopatra Sims, 33. But that's not right. Mr. Zachery: I'm afraid, Miss Sutton, that we're going to have to let you go. They're a quartet of young African American women in Los Angeles (Jada Pinkett, Queen Latifah, Vivica A. [makes his low-rider bounce higher and higher], Release Dates As to blowing through it, he may have been lying to them that it was all gone, but he had already bought some pretty expensive items. What the f*** is ya'll thinkin? I nearly got blown away in your tight-*ss f*cking bank, and youre going to fire me? They all own banks. : The N or the O? Captain Fredricks, 19. https://www.scripts.com/script.php?id=set_it_off_1269&p=3, https://www.scripts.com/script/set_it_off_1269. Stop! Mr. Zachery: What happens the next time one of your friends robs the bank? This site uses affiliate links and may earn commissions for purchases made. Frankie wanna blow up a bank, uh. 885. They find him at a motel with a prostitute, and they bust in and demand the money form him at gun point. He wants to know what she'll do for him to make it worth his while to help her out. Guy Driving Low Rider : Disclaimer: This is an example of a student written essay.Click here for sample essays written by our professional writers. Martin Luther played a large part in the Protestant reformation in the 16th century. Luther However, my true passion is in traveling, photography, and finding common ground to which everyone from different cultures can relate. Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton: I know you out of money by now, Cleo. Staring into those beautiful, pretty brown eyes. : Its not worth it. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UKEssays.com. Here you can choose which regional hub you wish to view, providing you with the most relevant information we have for your specific region. After these tragedies happened to the other two ladies, they agree to help rob the banks. Set It Off features four working-class inner-city women struggling to make ends meet. Once they arrive at Cleos car they go to start her car and move the money, but by then its too late. : Religious reformations and religious wars in Europe. Lida 'Stony' Newsom Lida 'Stony' Newsom: Ya'll niggas done lost ya'll mind. : Make sure you dont miss out and read through to the end. I am here at 8:20 sharp every morning and I work my *ss off until quitting time. Lets go Cleo. He is a producer and writer,more, All Takashi Bufford scripts | Takashi Bufford Scripts, Submitted by acronimous on October 13, 2017. Just as the prophets of the eighth century B.C. Trivia: When Cleo, Tee Tee and Frankie are going to the gun range to look for Luther, the two guys walking in the background are wearing clothes similar to the Friday characters Craig and Smokey. This system will be hard to break, and sadly, the system will seldom be in our favor. Separate from membership, this is to get updates about mistakes in recent releases. Your first duty is to begin by prayer. We gotta act like nothings different. Tisean Williams, 39. Look, Im sorry. Luther : [shouts] What the hell? Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton: Cleo! She is in a dead end job and is ready to do what she has to do to get her and her girlfriend out of the hood. And dont forget to check out these Point Break quotes and Die Hard quotes. Written by Takashi Bufford and directed by a then-27-year-old F. Gary Gray, fresh off of Friday, Set It Off is marked by a constant stream of tonal and plot shifts (sometimes jarringly so);. Cleo being the fight she is gets out with a machine gun and opens fire on the LAPD and she is shot to death by them. Cleo, I know you aint come to work. Discover and share Set It Off Luther Quotes. Shit. : Luther : You better save that for your little girlfriend. Are there other good Set It Off quotes youd like us to add? Some 250,000 people gathered at the Lincoln Memorial, and more than 3,000. No, lets just go in'er and BLOW IT THE FUCK UP! [while talking in a parking lot] After all four women successfully rob a few more banks they need some place to keep the money so they decide on a heater duct at the building they clean. Join the discussion below! Yes, finding a deep connection with other peopleyour friendsis something to be treasured. Becoming a Monk. Stony now has no reason to live anymore her friends is all she has and she know that living in the hood could jeopardize her life and her friends lives too. Detective Strode: So, why is it, if that procedure's been drummed into your head a million times you got that procedure down Why wouldn't you follow it? Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton: I've just known Darnell from around the way, is all. Cleo : Well I'm talkin' 'bout it. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Luther Question: How did Luther know where they stashed the money, and how did he blow through over $750,000 practically overnight? Morgan Stanley's Mike . Im just trying to get through the day., 8. Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton: Because he had a gun! Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton: I thought we covered everything. Set It Off expresses a real sense that these women have been close friends for years, and that gives the film additional impact, even when their transition to crime and violence feels somewhat forced and superficial. Separate from membership, this is to get updates about mistakes in recent releases. Tell 'em he's pissed off." Without a word mind you and with the rent. Fox) is an ordinary bank teller who is unfortunate enough to be behind the desk on the day that a group of bank robbers hit her place of work. Youre sorry. Technical Specs. What the fuck is ya'll thinkin? I can't help who I know! What the hell? I aint goin' no where 'til you pass me a tape! Lida 'Stony' Newsom Never mind my shit, fool! Film director Sam Pollard . Martin Luther. Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton Forget it! Cleo When Cleo, Tee Tee and Frankie are going to the gun range to look for Luther, the two guys walking in the background are wearing clothes similar to the Friday characters Craig and Smokey. This belief was further amplified when I joined Quote Ambition. It sets the tone and makes their lives all relate back to each other. 1992 : Human nature is like a drunk peasant. 95 Martin Luther Quotes of Note, Part 4 . : And except for the short season, there is also the gloomy atmosphere and the broken personalities which make you sympathize. [as Cleo grabs her breast, she pushes her away] Frankie and Stony run with half of the money, while Cleo continues in the car until she hits a roadblock and her car cant take no more. : Cleo, I know you ain't come to work. : Now what you going to do? How do we know you're not in collusion? Who the fuck cares? They leave her there in the car and proceed in Cleos car, still having the police right on their tails. Stony needs money to help put her brother through college. The movie establishes their plight with credible attention to emotional detail, making their decision to rob banks believable enough to give the ensuing plot its inevitably tragic momentum. Tisean just wants her baby back, her son means the world to her and she feels lost without him. [sighs] Fox, Kimberly Elise. I mean, where do you see yourself, say, in five years?, Cleopatra Sims: But I aint thinking about five years from now. Well. Luther: What the hell? Ha ha ha! Cleopatra Sims, 24. [sarcastically] Cleo, I know you ain't come to work. Luther: The Fallen Sun is a wild way to continue a BBC series. 2 May 2023. Well. Cleo, I know you ain't come to work. For Part 3, visit: 15 Martin Luther Quotes on Looking at Life Through the Lens of the Cross. Cleo, I know you ain't come to work. She meets a car salesman and asks for a job and/or up-front money. Something like a fancy sports car alone can cost $100,000 or more. the collapse of three US banks over the past two months. We can do this. Also boosting Wilson's confidence in his outlook is the fact that the upcoming FOMC meeting on Wednesday "is one of the least talked about in recent memory," Wilson said. "Set It Off" Scripts.com. : Detective Strode: So, why is it, if that procedures been drummed into your head a million times. Theyd have to pull me off that machine. Cleopatra Sims, Also read: Heat Quotes, Set It Off Quotes, 12. Ya'll niggas done lost ya'll mind. With Stark and Gray still on his tail, Luther takes on the case of violent vigilante Tom Marwood (Elliot Cowan), a man whose wife was murdered. Or we gonna be in jail by tomorrow morning. Cleopatra Sims. And ain't nobody gon stop me from talkin bout it. [makes fist and pretends to hit T.T] Francesca Sutton: Cleo, you go to survey the line for the cow., Cleopatra Sims: Cow? Turn off your television, and step outside. In this passage, Jesus has a sankofa moment: a moment of going back to the past to retrieve what is useful for today. Cleopatra Sims: Damn. And I went for my clip, but he shot her! Francesca 'Frankie' Sutton: Look, sir, I kn Detective Strode: Stop! Her baby gets into some cleaning products and gets rushed to the hospital, where child services takes the baby from her until she can prove to be stable enough to raise the baby. 2.Set It Off (1996) - Luther Steals the Money [HD] - YouTube; 3.Set it off- Luther the janitor - YouTube; 4.Set It Off (film) - Wikipedia; 5.'Set It Off' actor Thomas Jefferson Byrd dies at 70 in apparent shooting; 6.Look, if you don't like working for Luther's Janitorial why don't you 7.Luther Set It Off GIFs - Tenor Smell the aroma of Mexico and the sounds. Cleopatra Sims, 31. He apparently just happened to come across it while cleaning. Cleo: Sh*t man, we're not robbing stagecoaches man! She then starts running when an officer shoots her in the back and killing her while Stony is looking this from a tour bus on its way to Mexico. First published Wed Jul 22, 2020. Stop! 12,791. At the first bank robbery T.T gets nervous and backs out at the bank, so it leaves the other three to rob the bank.