1 0 obj Alas, for all involved in the Vitality Netball Superleague, COVID-19 meant that the 2020 season was paused in mid-March and cancelled entirely at the end of May. Y|$O/t.o?F+j&u9e'b_}K]9 I:8iU7UU7l|R30]Y0Th0od.8@CZq%wBWw\NR}p(M{r[SPQ8ys @4P7o3_oJ(AIm Td*RHIw6s/5a*')3m0*2OGts8K[U?kz*g$xf}~mdnP{. }WgQW:%XOMVkgCH(>y9:1$p Z}MHPqH &Ug^gR-I;pK/'$ANx+&4||K~/0^vO(#,A}Wgz'4J#o/:oiN/Bjb$N xJ\?)o?p4 Dmzt2AfC"2{'N0HNc{!>K ?F=>V/n'GN\O4wK7O/t/?MCG `W2A!&JLvh} oL[p;00 +w3Qn2h!r\l%=33.kYv&1oF?TYgwCuQ~5A 0iTQbC]&o\k7H=Z2 i)a W-wWK ;Z5Mwp0^1`uh?~ eqyJ8~.qmDJP"rq]7%HU} '+]W,R9j{TSs('%Cv)UAfq WD/GD/C. Bella Baylis. Loughborough Lightning Netball are please to reveal their sixth signing ahead of the 2021 Vitality Netball Superleague (VNSL) campaign with duel-international athlete Ella Clark making her return. "Since then, it's made me realise that I do need to step up and if I can be a role model for just one person within the community or any minority group, that's amazing. "I feel like I just got it in the week before, before [COVID-19] all started," she said on Sky Sports' Off The Court. This term alone has seen pupils benefitting from workshops and training sessions with a host of sporting professionals including: Trent Colleges innovative sports programme, known as the 3Ps, aims to help every pupil find enjoyment through sport. Theathleteshave allput in a lot of hard work to be selected into the programme and haveshownoutstandingcommitment andresilienceto adapt to the different environmentsin this time. Im excited, its been nice to get back with the girls and get back training and Im looking forward to showing the fans what we can do and giving the new players a chance to get on court.. Then Thunder host Pulse in a double-header weekend, while Lightning take on Mavericks. The Hubs will deliver 20 sessions between September and April and will also take part in education days and games days at Loughborough University in the school holidays. 7,Vj d!/Vvgsjy_5VlBuhmuSIe"AyrWP1-6cor[jS+ 6)pH"&P#@C-s^Z.$7t(f42Xsx9)UD"vof6wh@f-#k}vs[lf'b8?i)!$tmAB\ws1ykS8(9 *ne-BWEO$H(v%. The Superleague is packed with young talents, but Funmi Fadoju was named as this year's Young Player of the Season. The National Performance League (NPL) competition is the top competition for age group players in the country. Netball Loughborough Lightning Netball Loughborough Lightning is the number one Netball Super League side in the East Midlands and were crowned NSL champions in 2021. The league will begin in January and run till April. But things could intensify in the next round when Storm will host Pulse in a top-of-the-table match while Thunder take on Lightning. At just 20-years-old, Fadoju is still growing in the game but under the wing of veteran Roses defender Geva Mentor has the potential to become a vital player for head coach Jess Thirlby. Having competed on the international stage for both GB Basketball and the England Roses, Clark understands the demands and drive needed to succeed. It showed those relentless values. When questioned on her coaching style Panagarry was quick to share the importance of having a relaxed side. CrowdScience sets off on a space odyssey to find out Black Ops: A high-stakes yet hilarious covert operation that will infiltrate your screen soon, Money Box meets some remarkable 'kidpreneurs' who run their own enterprise, Sink into your pillow with the Shipping Forecast set to dreamy music. <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 594.96 842.04] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Trent College is thrilled to announce that it has become an official academy hub for Loughborough Lightning, one of the top performing netball clubs in England. Doubling up as a player coach, Panagarry will look to further her experience in coaching whilst aiming to lead the side to back-to-back Fast 5 victories after winning the championship in 2019. You can also subscribe to website notifications for the biggest news via the bell icon on our homepage. Netball C/WA - Training Partner. Off The Court: Nat Panagarry shares her experience as an LGBT+ athlete in netball, Due to your consent preferences, youre not able to view this, Mystics power to victory as netball returns in NZ. Reading Time: 3 mins. Performance Lightning. Im not too old yet, theres still more in the legs but its great to see all the workings off court. The team will train weekly at Loughborough University on a Thursday night (7-9pm) from September to May alongside the Superleague and U21 team. Loughborough Lightning Netball team are the East Midlands #1 netball side competing in the Vitality Netball Superleague -. With a player overhaul and a new coach at the start of the season, the Yorkshire side are still trying to find their groove under former New Zealand international Liana Leota. Loughborough Lightning's Mary Cholhok won the Gilbert Golden Shot for scoring the most goals in the regular season. 26athletes have been selectedforthe U21 squad for 2021 bynewly appointedHead CoachVictoria Burgessand Assistant CoachColette Thomson. Having featured in Lightnings 2017 and 2018 side that saw them pipped at the post in the Grand Final in two consecutive years, Clarks experience in high pressure situations and taking a leadership role within the squad will play a key part in the upcoming campaign. Atkinson, who was voted the winner by her fellow Superleague coaches, follows in the footsteps of the 2019 holder, Sara Francis-Bayman. Klopp: We will do business | Chelsea transfer model impossible for manager, Transfer Centre - Neville: Spurs can't afford to lose Kane this summer, Brecel holds off Selby fightback to win World Snooker final, Carra: Everton display will worry rivals | 'Big Sam makes sense for Leeds', Arteta: This is not over | Lampard: Arsenal still in the title race, Sprint beef, Ferrari respite & reignited title fight | What we learnt in Baku, Ref Watch: 'Klopp case closed but Jota got lucky!'. I think we found the start of the 2020 season difficult, a couple of key players took injuries very early on which affected our rhythm, but by the third game we were starting to display some really strong performances, so now its about building on that.. In this section. sn+IQEs809 # e:D#;U3;{v@Ku;}O4u-Q\2l\ lA= ]m.7#`Q;Xt?5>nXl(BoGYgHjW-V/'B:f6Czhd}@.f@a\g'EP&fHqXu2$1I +Za^$fc2pmGZnd\j-sAN7 *V@`,t!H`:bTJZSHLT[P opUYk4b"WhP`T,HRR_,Mo|f-g%7u2*YGaQr/\o4O{'!b/\$C"6'.! "It was a really lovely weekend; I'd been planning for a little while, so I was glad to get it in just before all this.". Our Loughborough Lightning Academy supports over 270 athletes from 12 21 years of age. 23rd Oct 2020 by Returning as defending champions, Panagarry insists theres no pressure on their shoulders. Trent is one of nine hubs in the East Midlands that are providing high performance, technical and tactical training for the 2020-21 season.. Due to Tier 3 restrictions, the weekly academy sessions are currently taking place remotely but the . She graduated from Loughborough University in 2011 . Our hub locations for 2020-2021 season will be updated soon. Alongside her athleticism and shooting accuracy, the partnerships she formed with Brie Grierson and Rhea Dixon were incredible. Every year, the month of June marks Pride Month and across the Vitality Netball Superleague, franchises have used their platforms to share their perspectives about diversity and inclusivity in netball. Each camp and course is designed for a particular age group, ability or discipline allowing the attendees to benefit from exclusive tips, skills and activities from within a top Superleague club. "Seeing Nat over the World Cup, I think that she was a little bit taken aback," Bayman said on Off The Court. Across athletics, swimming, netball, cricket, hockey, triathlon, badminton, tennis and basketball there are approximately 200 female performance athletes operating at a high level. We have a large group of dedicated coaches within our pathway. So come down and enjoy the day and really get into it.. Im excited for the day but Ill be very relaxed and just want the side to have fun. Her tally of 772 goals, with a success rate of 88 per cent, bodes well for . %PDF-1.7 Burgess said: We didnt have a very good start against Thunder and going into the Pulse game the following week, in the first quarter we went up 20-6 for me that was a huge statement that we know what we can do, we know we can be better than that. Mary Cholhok. Netball "We've had time to celebrate together in our little bubble, the celebrations have probably lasted a little bit longer than normal. Lightning embracing finals weekend pressure, Resilient Rhinos ready to attack finals opportunity, Atkinson discusses keys to Sirens' success, Loughborough Lightning vs Leeds Rhinos Netball, Live on Sky Sports Action and Mix, streamed on the Sky Sports YouTube channel. Loughborough Lightning Netball Team @LboroLightning Sep 25 13 Years in the @NetballSL 2021 VNSL Champion @EnglandNetball Vitality Rose @NetballWorldCup bronze medalist Captain fantastic @Npanagarry 's netball CV has it all and she's back for more next year for her 8th season in purple! GS. "I think it's important that I do take that role now and show that this sport is inclusive. Fadoju. We have 8 hubs targeting the most talented 13-17 year olds across East Midlands. News. Above Rhinos, Team Bath edged a close encounter with Celtic Dragons 56-53 to secure their third win of the season. Loughborough Lightning has revealed yet more of its line-up for the 2022 Vitality Netball Superleague with champions Hannah Williams and Suzie Liverseidge returning to the side. Karen Greig's side beat Loughborough Lightning 71-63 at Belle Vue in Round 20 of the competition on Monday night; they now face Team Bath Netball in the semi-finals on Friday evening, live on Sky . Fadoju has already been earmarked by Tamsin Greenway for England's 2022 Commonwealth Games squad and the England Futures athlete pipped Loughborough Lightning's Alice Harvey and the Strathclyde Sirens' duo of Niamh McCall and Emma Barrie to the post. As well as getting to a point where she was able to perform her first running session in 14 weeks, Panagarry's lockdown period contained another significant milestone - becoming engaged to her partner Katie. As their first outing at The Copper Box Arena since claiming the VNSL (Vitality Netball Superleague) title in June, Panagarry spoke of the sides excitement for the tournament. Their senior team plays in the Netball Superleague. The Vitality Netball Superleague continues on Saturday, with the semi-finals live on Sky Sports Action and Mix and streamed on the Sky Sports YouTube channel from 1.30pm. As defending champions Manchester Thunder enjoyed a weekend off, there were wins in round 13 for Surrey Storm, London Pulse and Loughborough Lightning before what could be a crucial week in the title race. Trent College Go Further in Netball with Loughborough Lightning Hub, Short story competition for local primary schools, Future Focused Careers Support in the COVID Climate, International netballer and Commonwealth Gold medallist Beth Cobden, England Rugby U20 Head Coach Alan Dickens, England Rugby U18 Head Coach John Pedlebury, Olympic Gold Medal Winning GB Hockey Coach Craig Keegan. % 28th Oct 2021 by endobj Commenting on her ability to juggle two sports, Clark credited each sport for their advantages: I didnt really get into the thick of it last season as both got cut short just the sports began to collide, so it will be interesting to see how that works this year. athletes have been selectedforthe U21 squad for 2021 bynewly appointedHead CoachVictoria Burgessand Assistant CoachColette Thomson. But things could intensify in the next. Fadoju. At the time, Lightning's captain shared her reaction on social media and echoed the sentiments of many, by saying that she was 'gutted' but that she understood it was the right decision for everyone's health and safety. Theres so much that I can take from my training sessions into both sports and Im grateful for the opportunity and support from both Lightning and Riders that enables me to do both.. Vitality Rose Jo Harten has announced her retirement from international netball with immediate effect. ", The England international wants to be a role model for others in netball. Loughborough Lightning Netball are please to reveal their sixth signing ahead of the 2021 Vitality Netball Superleague (VNSL) campaign with duel-international athlete Ella Clark making her return. Nat Panagarry will be Head Coach of Loughborough Lightning this weekend. She has coached across all age groups, including coaching for the under 17 Loughborough Lightning Academy. "She went to her first major tournament and it was a home World Cup where the fans went crazy, ticket sales went through the roof and the England girls were getting mobbed! That game showed how much we can learn from that previous game and implement something different and not make the same mistakes we made before. Klopp: We will do business | Chelsea transfer model impossible for manager, Transfer Centre - Neville: Spurs can't afford to lose Kane this summer, Brecel holds off Selby fightback to win World Snooker final, Carra: Everton display will worry rivals | 'Big Sam makes sense for Leeds', Arteta: This is not over | Lampard: Arsenal still in the title race, Sprint beef, Ferrari respite & reignited title fight | What we learnt in Baku, Ref Watch: 'Klopp case closed but Jota got lucky!'. They also enter under-19 and under-21 teams in the National Performance League. Nat Panagarry is set for a busy British Fast5 Netball All-Stars Championship this weekend, as she takes on a player-coach role for the defending champions Loughborough Lightning. Whereas, now it's becoming much more of a public thing to talk about, and people are proud about it. Im really excited for the new season, weve got great continuity with the side this year and I really want to build on last years connections and I really just want to win. The team will train fortnightly on either a Tuesday or Wednesday night (TBC) at Loughborough University from October to May. "I've always felt that I've been celebrated for who I am and that's how everyone should be," she said. England netball players Kadeen and Sasha Corbin have launched NetBallers - a BBC Radio 5 Live podcast. "There have been trailblazers [in netball] and I think someone like Ash Brazil in Australia has done a great job, Laura Clemesha and Nat in this league. "I have seen moments where I think: 'Wow, if we could put that in for 60 minutes, we'd be unstoppable.'". Director of Netball/Head Coach. "We want to see the personalities, characters and that's what's giving our sport colour. ?fgqhGb' 51 !'xug;rbqp,5 With more players to be revealed over the coming days, be sure to keep your eyes peeled on social to find out who will be joining them in purple for 2021. Well just see what happens on the day!. Louise Hopkin Head of Netball, Nottinghan Trent University/ Loughborough Lightning U21s NPL Coach Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom 100 followers 100 connections Join to connect. To find out more about joining the school visit our admissions page or get in touch today. Travis has officiated Grand Finals in the past and was voted as the winner by the Vitality Netball Superleague Umpire appointment panel. I didn't want people to forget who I was a player and what I was trying to achieve. Beth Cobden. Lightning; Netball; Squad; Sports Get involved Performance Para sport . Pulse head coach Sam Bird said Fadoju . Loughborough Lightning are part of the wider elite sport franchises based at Loughborough University. Get your ticketshere, 2023 Content Copyright Netball Super League, Vitality Netball Superleague: Semi-finals preview, Vitality Netball Superleague Grand Final 2022: Manchester Thunder. Yes, we knew that we were going to finish top of the league anyway, but it was about how we went about that in order to take us into the semi-finals on Friday.". As the Netball Super League's top four teams gear up for a tricky week, three questions stand out. Netball Academy The Lightning Academy The Lightning Academy's aim is to find and grow competitive players and coaches with the aspirations and ability to compete at an elite level. I didn't want to be the gay netballer; I didn't want to be put in a box and that was all I was. Manchester Thunder have won the 2022 Vitality Netball Superleague title and completed a perfect season, after a 60-53 victory over Loughborough Lightning in the Grand Final. 4 0 obj "Athletes now, I think generally, are much more willing to embrace who they are and what makes them different. Reading Time: 3 mins. Im really enjoying playing both sports again though and seeing how they complement each other. Leota, who won the Super League as a player with Manchester Thunder in 2019, said her side have shown glimpses of brilliance but are lacking consistency. Can Leeds Rhinos find some consistency at the bottom? 2 0 obj . In 2005-06 they were founder members of the league. Thomson brings a wealth of experience coaching at all levels of the game to the role, including helping the Vitality Roses on their journey to . Leota said she finds coaching more stressful than playing and developing a winning mentality is something she hopes Rhinos can work on next season. Donnell Wallam was named as the Sky Sports Fans' Player of the Season after an online vote through the Vitality Netball Superleague. Manchester Thunder secured their 20th win of the Vitality Netball Superleague season against Loughborough Lightning and go into the semi-finals unbeaten. "I think that what we are seeing now is a shift and a change in culture generally," she said. <> I found that really difficult. "I hope we can take this forward to next year and start seeing some consistency - that's where I'm looking.". Loughborough Lightning offers a wide range of courses and camps for both players and coaches. As well as being Roses Academy U17 Head Coach since 2018, Burgess is Head of Loughborough Lightning's Performance Pathway Programme and was Assistant Coach to Sara Bayman as Lightning recently won their first-ever Vitality Netball Superleague title. Mar 14 Join the team! Loughborough University and Loughborough Lightning are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to oversee our netball programmes. With lessons learnt from their recent loss, Lightning started fast and bright by putting pressure on Pulse from the first centre pass. Players have been selected for abehind-closed-doorsperformance competition camp from 27-30July at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield. All four of the current top four teams will qualify by the end of Round 15 IF they all reach 33 points, AND Stars lose to Dragons. "It was a poor start, I thought we were going to come out with a hiss and a roar, but it took us too long to get into it," she told BBC Sport. Her decision leaves the Roses without one of their most experienced and prolific shooters before this summer's World Cup. Thomson brings a wealth of experience coaching at all levels of the game to the role, includinghelping the Vitality Roses on their journey towin goldat the 2018 Commonwealth Games. No stranger to the duel athlete role, Clark boasts international caps for both Netball and Basketball and looks to once again intertwine the two in 2021. We believe in an inclusive athlete centred environment that fosters a culture of excellence, teamwork, ownership and gratitude whilst providing a strong foundation for personal development. Reading Time: 3 mins. Sky Sports is your home of netball. Copyright 2023 Loughborough University. Loughborough Lightning Academy works in collaboration with a select number of schools to extend professional training opportunities across the region. Loughborough Lightning and Vitality Roses mid-courter Nat Panagarry will step into the role of Head Coach this weekend at the British Fast-5 All Stars competition. Boasting over 75 appearances for Lightning, including being a part of the championship winning side in 2021, Head Coach Vic Burgess said it was an 'easy decision' to welcome Lauren back to Loughborough: "Lauren has been part of the Lightning family for a long time.