Do you think this recipe would taste ok if instead of Franks Red Hot, I use G Hughes Bar B Q sauce? do you measure the 16 oz of chicken before cooking or after? Toss until well mixed and coated. Little did they know how macro-friendly it was . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Great recipe! To bulk up the servings without adding extra carbs, add additional chicken to the mixture. And there are so many other ways to use this creamy buffalo chicken. Have a question? Bake it up in under 30 minutes! What Goes with Spaghetti Squash Buffalo Chicken Casserole Keto? I have lots of free 5-Day Healthy Meal Prep menus on my blog. And its ready! Im thinking about subbing the 1/2 cup of sour cream for 1/4 cup of greek yogurt and 1/4 of light ranch, do you think that would work out fine? Itll be on repeat to be sure!!! Curious, do you think 1 large spaghetti squash will yield 700g weight cooked? will work in this recipe Let us know if you try it! Traditional casseroles are NOT my thing. Youll have to try this next. Cooking the spaghetti squash in the instant pot is the perfect way to save time! diced (200 g) (I love using frozen diced onions for a short cut), or sub reduced-fat cream cheese for just a tiny bit more fat- no biggie overall, buffalo, chicken, comfort, creamy, instant pot, protein, shredded. Made it a bit creamier, similar to the dip version. As I already said, this receipe is a winner. Prep: 30 Cook: 60 Total: 1 hour 30 minutes Yield 1,675g total 186g per serving Print Pin it Rate Ingredients 950g cooked spaghetti squash, about 1 large spaghetti squash 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 yellow onion, diced 1 lb ground turkey (93/7) - can sub ground beef. Once this has baked, we like to drizzle our buffalo chicken spaghetti squash boats with extra buffalo sauce and ranch dressing and then sprinkle on some green onions. lillie eats and tells buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole Youll want to score the squash and microwave it to get it soft enough to cut in half. Absolutely delicious on its own, we also were dipping celery into it because it was so tasty! A reader favorite around here! our FAVORITE ever low-carb Cut Da Carb wraps. That Will Make A Healthy Lifestyle Easy and Tasty, Paleo Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole, As for what kind of chicken to use for this, This recipe calls for healthy, simple ingredients that transform into a DELICIOUS, nourishing meal thats bursting with flavor! That takes the longest. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hey there! The easiest, TASTIEST instant pot creamy buffalo chicken. Is there anything else I can substitute with? I know Im not the only one that loves it too. When most of the excess liquid has reduced, turn off heat. The Science of Fat Loss: How to Diet for Maximum Success, The Science of Fat Loss: What are Macros and Tracking Macros vs. Just Tracking Calories, The Science of Fat Loss: How to Determine your Calories and Macros for a Calorie Deficit Phase. Bake in the oven per the instructions below. cup low-fat milk teaspoon celery seeds cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces) cup sliced scallions Directions Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place the stuffed shells on the baking sheet and bake in 350F oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. All you need is a knife, baking sheet, and an oven. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. That will make your healthy meals tasty and delicious! Get 5 Secrets to Make Doing A Whole30 Easy! You can also make an Instant Pot Whole Chicken ahead of time, or you can stop by the store and pickup a rotisserie chicken. . It thaws well and it makes it easy to put a quick meal together. Buffalo Sauce: You can use any buffalo sauce you like.Frank's Red Hot is Whole30 compliant and it's also our favorite, but any buffalo sauce will work! Turn the oven to broil on the high setting and broil for about 5 minutes to crisp up the top. This one is amazing. Open lid and start shredding but while you do, turn the instant pot to saut setting to let it cook down for 10-15 more minutes (or until liquid is reduced and absorbed, stirring often). If youre a fan of buffalo wings or buffalo sauce in general, this buffalo chicken casserole is a must try! Its in my meal rotation! Glad you enjoyed it, Morgan! This helps our business thrive so we can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you. With recipes like this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, Pizza-Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, and our Dairy-Free Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo, its pretty obvious that were big fans of this fruit. That will make a healthy lifestyle tasty and delicious! Then mix in the buffalo sauce and yogurt. A bonus about this whole30 buffalo chicken casserole is that its not complicated- just a few ingredients and some simple steps, and youll have a tasty meal for the whole family to enjoy! ): Go plug in your instant pot. Quick question though. I think the greek yogurt would work but Im not sure because I havent tried it. Read more about my personal health journey Download Kayla's Popular Detox for Free (downloaded over 12,000 times!) Thanks Kayla, Your email address will not be published. Next, shred the chicken breasts and when you have 3 packed cups, put it in the bowl as well. Its honestly maybe the tastiest shredded meat Ive ever had kicking around my fridge. So happy you liked it, Mindy! Add shredded cheddar cheese and 1 teaspoon powdered ranch dressing. Im here to show you how easy it can be, thanks to our family friendly low carb recipes! Bake for 25-30 minutes until mixture is heated through and cheese is melted. But Ive decided its time to let it live over here! Easy Healthy Meal Prep for Fat Loss (5 Days!) All of my best tips and tricks for FREE! We all love our set of NordicWare aluminum sheet pans for making sheet pan recipes like this one, as well as baked goods. My goal is to help you achieve optimal wellness via whole food nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. Just put it in the pressure cooker and it does it all for you yum!! A filling, tasty, and nutritious dish that will soon become a family favorite in your home. Add the cooked squash to a large mixing bowl with 1/2 cup of cheddar, 1/2 cup of Monterey jack, and the remaining ingredient. Coming soon to a one dish-ish cookbook near you. For golden bubbly cheese, remove the foil at the end, then change oven setting to broil on high and broil for 2-3 minutes. Make it count with these low carb favs. Set on manual high pressure for 30 minutes for breasts (12 for tenderloins.). Tag me on Instagram at @ThisFarmGirlCooks or leave me a comment & rating below. But for the other half of you that despise blue cheese, no fear! Heres how to do that. In your post you talk about a celery/carrot/onion mixture but its not listed in the recipe, Hi Kelly Yes, I know its not listed in the recipe. Repeat with all the squash and when you have about 3 packed cups of shredded squash, put it in a large bowl. Its funny how GOOD FOOD will just change your perspective, and make things that used to seem pointless (liiike, watching football) just make SO MUCH SENSE. I didnt even have time to put it on my tortilla and just ate it straight with a fork. Then, let stand for 5 minutes to cool. I cooked my spaghetti squash in my Quick Cooker and got it cooked in under 20 minutes. You can also tag me on Instagram,@LaurenFitFoodie. And its great for meal prep, so you can make it to enjoy ALL WEEK LONG! Required fields are marked *. Youll need 4 C. worth. Spray your instant pot with some cooking spray and throw in your chicken, onions, garlic, hot sauce, broth, and seasonings. Shred chicken and toss around in the juices to soak up as much as you can. So Buffalo Spaghetti Squash? But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. 2023 Lillie Eats and Tells Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thanks, Toya! Its crisp and crunchy thanks to the veggies, cool and creamy with a drizzle of Ranch Dressing and a sprinkle of blue cheese, and warm and tender when served in a spaghetti squash boat. Bake, cut-side down, until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in cream cheese and parsley. It's a perfect low-carb dish with all of your favorite burger toppings. I loved this. I always have the inGredients on hand, and I make enOugh for a week of lunches! Ive made this numerous times and anyone who has tasted asks for recipe. If you want to use baked chicken breast, its pretty easy to make. I love your meal preps but some items we dont have in Sweden . One of my all-time favorite ways to eat buffalo chicken is stuffed in a baked sweet potato! My boyfriend is obsessed with anything buffalo chicken so I was excited to try this! And Im not a big Buffalo sauce fan! What garnish did you use in the photo, is that drizzled sour cream? I did add the blue cheese because I do like that flavor combo . I made this tonight because I had a spaghetti squash that I was trying to find a new spin to make it exciting. 2 squares = 1 serving. This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. You can definitely use blue cheese dressing instead of ranch. So tasty and easy to make too! Its one of our favs for meal prep too! For this recipe to come together in under 30 minutes, you'll want to have your spaghetti squash already cooked. Healthy chicken noodle spaghetti squash casserole, BBQ Baked Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole. Both methods take about 10 minutes. . Low carb, high protein and super voluminous, there is cheesy goodness all throughout and its bursting with buffalo flavor! You can individually plug in the ingredients/use the recipe builder on the app if you need to calculate the macros. Log In. Then, transfer it to an airtight container or sealable bag, and store it in the freezer (without the spaghetti squash bowls) for up to 3 months. Time. I'll also have you know this is one of the very first casseroles I put on this website. Last Step! Comforting, filling, DELICIOUS. I LOVE myself a good appetizer on game day! Great for serving to company since you can customize your potato to your preference! Add shredded cheddar cheese, celery and 1 teaspoon powdered ranch dressing. Thank you so much! Enter the Air Fryer! Spaghetti squash is low carb in moderation, but the carbs do add up. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender. Cut the squash in half and rub with olive oil. Oh that is a fun idea on the coleslaw!! Anybody try this recipe with a meat substitute?!! Once done, remove from oven and add fresh chives & drizzle yogurt or sour cream over top (optional). This dinner was amazing! document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. The other key to this recipe is the chicken. Buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole. While spaghetti squash is cooking, make shredded chicken. Hi Anna I think you can skip the egg and it would be fine. This is bake is something I get so excited about having for dinner!!! Thank you! We have been eating it with baked potatoes this week and will try tacos next. 4 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil, divided 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 medium carrot, diced 2 stalks celery, diced 12 medium yellow onion, minced 1 small red bell pepper, diced 1 pound ground chicken 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon fine sea salt 14 teaspoon black pepper 1 cup hot sauce (I prefer Tessemae's or Frank's RedHot) Love this recipe! I would just make sure to squeeze as much liquid out of the squash (after heating) as you can before mixing it with everything else . One flavor I love in appetizers or just in GENERAL is buffalo. Simply cut the squash in half horizontally (its pretty tough to cut through so I recommend using a sharp knife and jiggling it side to side once inside the squash). Cook and shred chicken and bake squash one day and assemble the next. Do you think I could use frozen spaghetti squash spirals if in a pinch on time? Not only that, but its super easy to make and can be paired with any of your favorite healthy side dishes. This buffalo chicken spaghetti squash is one recipe youll find yourself making again and again. While your chicken and spaghetti squash are cooking you can prep the other minimal ingredients, so that you can get it in the oven in no time! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 913 baking dish with cooking spray. It was so easy, and so delicious!! Im not fond of blue cheese can I substitute extra old cheddar cheese ? Our platform is run by a group of food enthusiasts with a thing for flavor meals that are good for the soul. Im not a registered dietitian, or a macro coach, or a public figure or culinary genius. Transfer into the prepared casserole dish, pressing out flat. We LOVED it!! We love a fresh grilled or smoked meat like the next food-loving family. his recipe also tastes great when reheated .. Love the addition of the veggies . Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. All of my recipes are calculated and loaded in My Fitness Pal. Open, and turn to the saute setting while you shred the chicken with two forks (or use your favorite trick). My husband and I could have easily eaten this entire casserole. Have you ever tried using Trader Joes chili pepper sauce in place of Franks? Your email address will not be published. Looking forward to eating this again tomorrow. I think fresh will always be better but I have totally used the frozen spirals before when I was in a crunch and it still so great! Paired it with some t rice and veggies. I always double it because it's just as good 3 days later. if you love spaghetti squash, you have to try these25 Low Carb / Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes. Below, Ive listed some of my favorite menus. Thats how good it was . I added extra salt and lots of bleu cheese. 412K Followers, 1,350 Following, 1,844 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Lillie Biesinger (@lillieeatsandtells) Made this last night and it was absolutely delicious!! Its not actually included in the recipe. I saw the other recipe for spaghetti squash, Im gonna try that! Lillie Eats and Tells - Lillie Eats and Tells- A blog with macro-friendly recipes BreakfastLunchDinnerSidesSaladsSnacksSweetsOne Dish Meals The Latest Sauces and Dressings Dairy-Free Basil Pesto Sandwiches Pork Sandwich with Spicy Mango Slaw gluten free My Go-to Gluten-free Product List Bowls Korean Beef Bowl See All Recipes I definitely plan on making it again. It was the best dish ever! Similar to my Swedish meatball casserole, you can also assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate until baking. And for the parmesan, I used shredded, so the cheese would spread out more when baked. | Healthy Grain Free, Dairy Free Recipes. Its just so good and it can make any bland boring meal so much better. Transfer spaghetti squash mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese. Weve been seeing the steamable bags of frozen spaghetti squash in the grocery store for a while now and theyd work well here. Please read our disclosure policy. Ack! You can cook it whichever way you like it! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Its been around since the beginning of the blog and has been tweaked over the years based on yalls feedback and testing with different ingredients to make it the best ever. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Were just not blue cheese fans in this house. It was easy and perfect! Drizzle with ranch dressing and extra hot sauce, if desired. This was Delicious! These will make your life SO MUCH EASIER. I actually recommend assembling the casserole ahead of time. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram and tag me @LaurenFitFoodie! For the spaghetti squash, cut it in half length-wise. The leftovers reheat well, too, making it a great options for work lunch meal prep. Do you think sweet potatoes would be a good substitute? Set aside to cool. Make Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash! It all bakes together into perfection! Drain and set aside to cool. Once done, let it cool down a bit. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the sides. . Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Ingredients thoughts, recipes and workouts from a healthy couple. Additionally, grease a casserole dish with a little bite of olive oil. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I didnt have blue cheese, so I used cheddar, which tasted great, but I definitely want to try blue cheese next time as I think it would be even better. Mar 16, 2021 - You't GOT to try my easy healthy instant pot creamy buffalo chicken! This Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole will seriously blow your mind. A few comments on the recipe itself Place the squash cut-side down on a baking sheet. I did not measure by volume or weight. It's a classic and we love the flavor. Cooked Chicken: Leftover chicken is great, or grab a rotisserie chicken from the store. Not only is it delicious, but its also: Our whole team here at The Real Food Dietitians loves our ButcherBox memberships where we get high-quality meat and seafood delivered right to our door. Sounds amazing too! Spray bottom of instant pot with cooking spray, add breasts, onion, garlic, hot sauce, water, Italian and ranch seasonings. Wow! Shred the chicken breasts (you should end up with about 3 packed cups of shredded chicken or 300g) and add it into the bowl with the squash. Feel free to double or half size this recipe too! If you try this buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole and love it, please rate this recipe! Mix together + place in a baking dish. Here is a post that shows how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave and another to cook whole spaghetti squash in the oven. I made a side of sweet potato chips in my air fryer and the combination turned out to be really good. I like to pair it with a side of steamed broccoli and 1/2 of an avocado for some healthy fats. Its GREAT! Thanks for another great recipe! Its also delicious cold! Another favorite from my first book (Lillie Eats and Tells) were these buffalo chicken taquitos made by stuffing the chicken in our FAVORITE ever low-carb Cut Da Carb wraps. Not sure about My Fitness Pal/who entered it. Maybe 1/2 cup? Im certain well make this again and again. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large glass bowl, combine your cooked spaghetti squash, cream cheese, shredded chicken and hot sauce in a large glass bowl. This casserole is full of flavor with a hint of spice (not too spicy though! Hey Angie! Or 1 lb.? For tracking purposes, search MFP for: Lillie Eats and Tells Creamy Buffalo Chicken. NO LIMITS. You can also bake it ahead of time and reheat. + get Healthy Recipes, Meal Plans, and Tips directly to your Inbox! Today. Top with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese or a drizzle of blue cheese dressing, if desired. A family friendly, low carb dinner! I have enjoyed every recipe on this site we have tried, but oh my, this one is my favorite so far. I had to substitute the hot sauce (cant get that one here in the UK) with a bit of encona hot pepper sauce & siratcha hot chilli sauce. Turn the oven to high broil and broil for 5 minutes. I'm the worst.. sorry for the tease. (This Chicken and Rice Casserole and Buffalo Chicken Casserole are proof of that!). Im not a big fan of spaghetti squash. Hi Suzanne Yes! This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Let cool to touch or at least cool enough till you can hold with a pot holder and remove innerds with a fork It can LIVE ON AND ON. Youre free to use leftover chicken thighs, shredded chicken, boiled chicken, grilled chicken, leftover rotisserie chicken, or whatever youve got on hand! This was so yummy, but SUPER spicy! Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered, until the edges are golden brown, and the top feels set, about 30 minutes. Im from Europe and we dont have the Buffalo sauce. Weighing Raw vs Cooked and How to Enter a Recipe in My Fitness Pal.