Lard Lad, the statue in front of Lard Lad Donuts, is a parody of the chubby boy in red-and-white checkered overalls that serves as the mascot for Big Boy Restaurants. Join for free! 2023 Guide to Parking at SeaWorld Orlando: FREE Options, Prices, Hotels, and more! Your email address will not be published. You may have no room left for any other meals that day. I will be trying this recipe for my daughter's 8th birthday. Fill a pot with at least 3 inches of a deep frying oil, such as canola or vegetable oil. Traveling alone to the parkshas changed my life and I want to show how you can create your own solo theme park memories. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. When it comes to frying, it turns out low and slow is a really stupid idea. Taste wise it wasn't bad at all - thick pink glazed, doughy and fluffy center. Add egg; beat 1 minute. Get up to 25% off of your Universal Studios Tickets with Groupon TODAY! Can you think of one thing they would really really like to have more of? You need some big metal utensils, 2 of them helps. UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VACATION PLANNING MADE EASY, The Big Pink (giant donut with sweet creamy pink frosting and sprinkles): $4.99, Apple Fritter (jumbo donut fritter with cinnamon and apples): $4.99, Ice Cream Conans (soft serve ice cream and cake cone): $3.59, Ice Cream Waffle Conans (soft serve ice cream and waffle cone): $4.59, Brain Freezin' Sundae (soft serve ice cream with one topping): $5.29, Brain Freezin' D'oh-Nut Sundae (soft serve ice cream on a pink frosted donut plus one topping): $6.59. donut, giant donut, pink donut, The Big Pink, The Simpsons, theme parks, Universal Studios, How To Make Kebapche (Bulgarian Grilled Meat Kebabs) . Mix cup of warm milk with 1 cup of powdered sugar. Get a small bowl and pour the warm water into it. We visited Universal in June and really enjoyed the Big Pink, so she has opted for a doughnut instead of a birthday cake this year. Lard Lad Donuts: Big Delicious Doughnuts - See 159 traveler reviews, 71 candid photos, and great deals for Los Angeles, CA, at Tripadvisor. The Homer Simpson donut is a gigantic donut with creamy pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles. On the other hand, the on-farm addition of a substantial amount of oil (e.g. Funny 2. Now for the delicious Copycat Lard Lad's Big Pink Doughnut recipe! Required fields are marked *. My Simpsons donuts kept coming out dense and raw in the middle. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Welcome to Domestic Superhero where you will find lots of recipes Heat oil in a large skillet (at least 12 inches wide to fit the large doughnut), until hot. Add flour, cup sugar, milk, butter, 1 beaten egg, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Your email address will not be published. There are 260 calories in The Simpsons - Donuts Topped With Pink Icing And Sprinkles coming from 6% protein, Ice cream flavors include chocolate, vanilla, and chocolate-vanilla swirl. We have already established that donuts are a huge part of this familys life. Balfours. It was laid back and they had so many fun rides! Lard Lad Donuts is available in four flavors: chocolate glazed, smores, maple bacon and the glorious big pink! If you buy a product or service by clicking on an affiliate link, ThemeParkHipster will get a small commission. Apple Fritter - $6.39 A jumbo-style donut fritter with cinnamon and apples. I can't wait until we meet again - it was so fun! Add 1 tiny drop of red food coloring to get a pink color. It comes with a scoop of ice cream on top (hence the brain freeze) and your very own choice of topping. My name is NikkyJ and Im the owner of ThemeParkHipster. Stir 2 1/2 tsps of dry yeast (or 1 packet) with some sugar and warm water. Liquid mixture: Combine milk, water and oil in a microwave-safe dish or sauce pan; heat for 2 minutes on high. But lard is also useful in ways that butter isn't. For instance, lard is a widely used fat for deep-frying. Located just across from Fast Food Boulevard, you cant miss the giant Lard Lad mascot standing next to Chief Wiggums favorite doughnut shop in fact, the chief is right outside, oblivious to his makeshift parking-space mishap. I guess if you say donut enough times, you get hungry.). (Seriously, I had to go get myself a donut while writing this. I can't wait to go back with my family! Since 2005, a community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more. 49% carbs, 45% fat, and 0% alcohol. For another famous food at Universal Studios check out my recipes for every kind of butterbeer! Lard Lad offers a variety of donuts (or as they call it D'oh nuts). As amazing as that sounds, no one would be happier than Homer Simpson I can tell you. You'll find it next to Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck. Calorie Goal 383 Cal 1617/2000Cal left Fitness Goals: Heart Healthy Fat -19 g 86/67g left Sodium 680 mg 1620/2300mg left Unclaimed. It was such a fun hotel; it had a total retro theme, with all the modern updates! Fry for about 3 minutes on each side until brown, flipping once carefully. Lower triglycerides naturally with these lifestyle hacks, 8 Easy, healthy appetizers for your next party or potluck, 5 Healthy and family-friendly dinner recipes perfect for your busy week. D'oh-nuts four-pack - $12.99. According to the Simpsons wiki, in a Halloween episode, Homer changes the past and comes back to the future. Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters! The Cabana Bay offered free transportation to Universal Studios Park, but you could easily walk as well. Ice Cream Waffle Conans - $4.49 Even if you dont have a sweet tooth, I would recommend getting a small donut to try because it is an integral part of The Simpsons. It's an iconic part of The Simpsons franchise. New posts Search forums Media. Their pool was so amazing with a waterslide and lazy river, and surrounding the actual pool was sand! If you want to sit down to eat your donuts or ice cream, you can head to the nearby Krusty Burger or Duff Gardens, both of which have outdoor tables. But what you should be really looking for is Lard Lad Donuts. When he returned to the present, the Simpsons were rich and happy. LARD LAD DONUTS - 187 Photos & 76 Reviews - 6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando, Florida - Donuts - Phone Number - Yelp Restaurants Home Services Auto Services More Lard Lad Donuts 76 reviews Claimed $$ Donuts, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt See all 187 photos Write a review Add photo Save Review Highlights Thankfully, Marge is able to win it back later. A deep pot will also give you more protection from oil spills. Big thanks to Kia for sponsorship as well! But it just goes to show the lengths he will go to for donuts. Oh and did I mention, they are absolutely hilarious. Extra tip: fry the hole first at the same temperature you plan to fry the big one. Lard Lad Donuts is located in the Springfield Area of Universal Studios Florida. Traveling alone to the parkshas changed my life and I want to show how you can create your own solo theme park memories. A donut chart showing which nutrients contribute to the caloric total. Lard Lad Donuts the Big Pink (Estimate) Serving Size: 1 ounce 147 Cal 49% 18g Carbs 48% 7.8g Fat 3% 1.2g Protein Track macros, calories, and more with MyFitnessPal. You can also get a four-pack of Doh nuts for $11.99. Restrictions apply. Since 2005, a community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more. Some of the links on ThemeParkHipster are affiliate links. It has all the iconic Simpsons buildings like Moes Tavern, Krusty Burger, and even Bumblebee Mans Taco Truck. Ready to plan your theme park trip? It also makes them softer and more melt-in-your-mouth. This giant donut does need a little extra time to cook compared to a regular donut though. Need more reasons to enjoy your favorite treat? But lets be honest you coil adjust get The Big Pink Im sure it equals up to four donuts and is half the price! Get detailed nutrition data for over 200,000 foods. Walt Disney World. I guess some things are more important than family. Filed Under: Dessert Tagged With: donut, fried food, giant donut, pink donut, simpsons donut, The Simpsons, theme park food, Universal Studios. Function 4. Required fields are marked *. If you love donuts, you've got plenty of varieties to choose from. Russell Stover Candies Inc. - Pumpkin Maple Flavored Marshmallow In Milk Chocolate Pumpkin Maple, Papa John's Salads & Produce - Traditional Cheese Flatbread Pizza. This is because unlike canola oil or other vegetable oil, lard gives donuts a rich sweet flavor. Made fresh daily! I loved that! It is still spewing water everywhere to this day make sure you avoid that when you go visit Springfield USA. . But be warned, both those things are pretty big and filling. Liquid mixture: Combine milk, water and oil in a microwave-safe dish or sauce pan; heat for 2 minutes on high. With exercise demos, workout routines and more than 500 recipes available on the app, MyFitnessPal gives members a wellness roadmap for anything from the best fat burning workouts to healthy foods to eat. Pink Donut. A couple of week's ago, I was lucky enough to sink my teeth into the real Lard Lad's Big Pink Doughnut, which can be found in Orlando Florida at Universal Studios! Lard Lad Donuts Menu With Prices The Big Pink (giant donut with sweet creamy pink frosting and sprinkles): $4.99 D'oh-nuts: $2.99 4-Pack D'oh-nuts: $9.99 Apple Fritter (jumbo donut fritter with cinnamon and apples): $4.99 Ice Cream Conans (soft serve ice cream and cake cone): $3.59 Grease the bowl and cover with a damp cloth, leave in a warm place for an hour. My mouth is literally watering right now just thinking of it. Lard serves several functions in baking such as: Before the glaze hardens, pour rainbow sprinkles on top until you are satisfied. This is a little lower than you would normally fry donuts at. Many of the popular donuts have 300 to 400 calories each. The real Simpsons fans are jumping out of their seats and doing the Samba right now. Share. 37 Funny 28 Cool 37 Hannah R. Piscataway Township, NJ 420 84 Donuts also need to float in the oil to cook properly, you cant do that in a skillet. Hello! Heat the oil to 340 F. Lay the donut into the oil very carefully, don't drop it in or oil can splatter out of the pot. Lard Lad Donuts. I came around 1:30, and there was no line. They may not do them on screen but they do in real life. If the temperature is too low, the exterior wont crisp properly, and the oil with penetrate the dough. What are macronutrients, and what do they have to do with weight loss? I think the exterior needs to be a little browner than a normal donut to ensure there isnt a raw dough interior. 2022 Groupon Universal Studios Orlando Deal: How to Save THE MOST Money on Tickets, Why You HAVE to Try Universal Orlando Food Mobile Ordering, Cletus Chicken Shack at Universal Studios (Best Thing I Ever Ate). 2023 SeaWorld Orlando Ultimate Guide: Tickets, Rides, Tips and More! It took me 3 tries to get this Simpsons donut right. New posts Latest activity. Gradually add remaining flour and knead with dough hook for 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and elastic. Its tasty of course, but the hilarity of a donut this big and how Instagram worthy they are cant hurt. And for all the vegans and vegetarians praying the lard is not what they think it is, Im sorry to let you down. Early versions of the Big Boy mascot were really big, sometimes measuring up to 12 feet tall, and often towered over the restaurants they stood in front of, just like Lard Lad towers over the top of the Lard Lad Donuts building. on select Universal Orlando Resort tickets. We explored the Simpson's Krustyland with my fellow Cast Members Andrew and Maddie from. For more travel posts from Domestic Superhero, click here! 159 reviews #7 of 218 Desserts in Los Angeles $ Bakeries American Fast Food. Join our free email newsletter for access to the latest news, tips, and exclusive content only available to subscribers. It's melting range is 36-45 C (97-113 F). The culinary qualities of lard vary somewhat depending on the origin and processing method; if properly rendered, it may be nearly odorless and tasteless. Lard Lad offers a variety of donuts (or as they call it Doh nuts). MyFitnessPal gives members a wellness roadmap for anything from the best fat burning workouts to healthy foods to eat. They offered to keep my blizzard in freezer, Pissed O. said: I must admit the first time I went here I had a terrible experience., Eneida Q. said: Cookies are served hot and cold, based on which way they'd taste the. A donut giveaway at Lard Lad Donuts is what started the series of events leading up to Trappucino in. Skip to: Overview | Location | Hours | Menu | Guest reviews. . The Simpsons are one of the longest-running animated movie-slash-TV-series franchises in America. Cover with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Lard is a semi-solid white fat product obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of a pig. Mix powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon milk. How does this food fit into your daily goals? What's new. Make sure water is not too hot by dipping your finger in it. Im talking about Brain Freezin Doh nut Sundae. Recommended: Cletus Chicken Shack at Universal Studios (Best Thing I Ever Ate). Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day. For a true Simpsons fan, the Big Pink is a thing of legend. PLEASE READ MYDISCLOSUREFOR MORE INFO. Elizabeth L. said: Well, I am old, so get confused with all this new tech., but I, Chris P. said: We have visited this Yogurtland a few times and it's always been, Daniel D. said: cute workers working at the Hollywood store, I felt like I was at a, Richard O. said: I don't know if this place is going to survive. But more importantly, you can get a donut the size of your face! Meme expert. Hopefully. Lard Lad Donuts, Los Angeles: See 159 unbiased reviews of Lard Lad Donuts, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #109 of 9,097 restaurants in Los Angeles. Caul lard: the lowest quality lard obtained from the surroundings of the digestive system, in particular the small intestine. Read my disclosure policy. That donut was so good! Closed now : See all hours. A little bit pricey, ($5 for a big donut) but it is Universal. Forums. I know Dunkin Donuts post that their donuts contain the following allergens: Eggs, Milk, Soy, Wheat. Privacy policy. Roll dough out into a large oval, about 1 inch thick. Random question, but I noticed they sell the big pink donut at both the kwik e mart and the lard lad counter, if anyone has tasted them are they both identical? 2023 Guide to Jurassic World Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood: Photos, Secrets and more! Back fat lard: obtained from the back skin and flesh and has a melting range of 43-48 C (109-118 F). Dry Mixture: Combine yeast, 1 cup flour, salt and sugar in medium size bowl. Learn More! You want to add sugar to the warm water as well. I actually dont own tongs presently, so I did it with a metal spatula. Stir until both have dissolved. Can't wait to try it! UO Fan Guide is an independent fan site, news source, and travel blog. I came today and no, Myrna G. said: Today I visited this Sees to get candy for Easter. Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day. So now tell me: Are you hungry or WHAT? Daily Goals How does this food fit into your daily goals? Like I mentioned earlier, I visited Universal Studios with about 13 other blogger friends. Using something round (I use a glass drinking cup), press into the center of the oval and cut out a hole. You can use the Universal Dining Plan to purchase snacks and beverages (no meals) from Lard Lad Donuts. But his familys happiness is not all Homer has sacrificed for donuts. He even refuses to live in a world where donuts dont exist. If there are no air bubbles, your yeast isnt active and wont do anything. This monstrosity is a popular item at the parks. Whisk vigorously to get the sugar to dissolve completely. THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. Flip over and cook for 2-4 more minutes, until cooked through but not burnt. However, the other Lard Lad Donuts are made for human consumption and are normal-sized. It is the iconic cake seen throughout the award-winning franchise The Simpsons. We will never spam you. or "How many meals a day should you eat?" But if youre rear is still firmly stuck to the chair, let me explain what the big deal is. The protagonist of the series Homer Simpson, loves them to the point of obsession. Dough should double in size. Thank you Universal Studios for sponsoring this post today, however all opinions are my own. ORDER NOW to secure your Orlando theme park ticket reservation in the parks! We ate at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium which has delicious food as well as 'freak shakes' which is a shake that is loaded with sooooo much deliciousness! Trust me, Homer would only agree. Im showing my young age here, but my first exposure to The Simpsons donut was at Universal Studios. . Asking her what she wants to do first day this time she said have a big pink donut! We are not affiliated with Universal Orlando Resort, the city of Orlando, or any other theme park or Florida destination. It probably didnt help that I never made regular size donuts before either. It has been playing out since 1989 and has over 500 episodes and 27 seasons. The Lard Lad statue came to life in "Treehouse of Horror XXIV" and wrecked a little havoc before being gobbled up by a giant cyclops that looked like Chief Wiggum. Combine dry mixture and liquid mixture in mixing bowl (for a stand mixer), mix with paddle attachment for 4 minutes on medium speed. Have you ever asked yourself, "How much weight can I lose in a month?" Much has changed since 2011, but that mission hasnt. Track macros, calories, and more with MyFitnessPal. Best pastry in the park. and more! Add food coloring and mix. Add tbsp sugar and the yeast to the bowl of water. See all (71) In another episode, he even sells his soul for a donut! Horrified, Homer goes back in time and changes things back. I ordered the Big Pink, and it was big like the name suggests. Is this correct? 400-500 g per day) to an existing ration may result in an unbalanced diet. You only eat a donut that big once right? cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 7 minutes. Use something circular to cut out the hole in the middle. If you dont do any baking, odds are you arent familiar with how yeast works. Giving off this gas lets you know that the yeast will add air pockets to your dough. Terms & Privacy | Disclosure | Disclaimer | My Story | Contact Me. Track macros, calories, and more with MyFitnessPal. The Big Pink (as you can probably tell by now) is the donut that features in the much-loved Simpson franchise. At Orlando Informer, we work diligently to keep information up to date. Lard Lad Donuts at Universal Studios serves a giant Simpsons donut, called The Big Pink. The only different donut would be at Voodoo. Orlando Informer was created twelve years ago with one simple concept: you deserve to save time and money on your vacation to Orlando. The Big Pink $9.99Giant donut with sweet, creamy frosting and sprinkles, Doh-nuts $3.99Made fresh daily and available in single or four-pack, Apple Fritter $6.39A jumbo-style donut fritter with cinnamon and apples, Ice Cream Waffle Conans $4.49Waffle cones, chocolate, vanilla, and swirl soft-serve, Brain Freezin Sundae $5.49Chocolate or vanilla soft-serve with your choice of one topping, Brain Freezin Doh-nut Sundaes $6.99Chocolate or vanilla soft-serve on a sprinkled pink frosted donut, with your choice of one topping, ToppingsCaramelHot fudgeRainbow sprinklesChocolate sprinklesPeanutsReeses PiecesOreo topping. LARD LAD DONUTS - 556 Photos & 198 Reviews - Donuts - 100 Universal City Plz, Universal City, CA - Phone Number Lard Lad Donuts 198 reviews Claimed $$ Donuts Open 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM See 560 photos Voodoo Doughnut K's Donut Emporium Kwik-E-Mart Perfect Donuts Holly Donut Shop Donut Prince The Baked Bear Donut Hut Fantastic Donuts & Croissants Calorie Goal 1853 Cal 147/2000Cal left Fitness Goals: Heart Healthy Fat 59.2 g 7.8/67g left Sodium 2152.7 mg Add more milk as needed, but you want a THICK glaze. All rights reserved. We ordered 'The Big Pink' donut inspired by The Simpsons. Thanks for the recipe! Bleached should work too, just stay away from self-rising. It doesn't really resemble the one featured on the show, it's more like a kiosk. Offerings include donuts, ice cream, and beverages. Make sure to check your warm water with your finger. The rooms were spacious suites which accommodated at least 4 people comfortably (and had a pull out couch for more people, too!). This Copycat Lard Lad's Big Pink Doughnut is a GIANT fried doughnut drenched in pink glaze and topped with rainbow sprinkles! I saw someone else recommended using a skillet and pan frying the donut. Specialty Coffees Latte - $4.25 Cappuccino - $4.25 Americana - $4.00 I know my Copycat Lard Lads Big Pink Doughnut doesn't look EXACTLY the same, but it tasted just like it and was majorly delicious (scroll all the way down for recipe)! It was right next to the City Walk, which is a really cool downtown type of area full of restaurants, shopping, and things to do. Your email address will not be published. donut. If it isnt comfortable to leave your finger in the water, then it might kill the yeast. They're the same. Rumor has it that Chief Clancy Wiggum got distracted by the donuts while driving and crashed into a fire hydrant. It's a scary coaster and it's personalized a bit because you get to pick a song to blast in your ears while you ride the coaster!!!! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. While the regular donuts are more than a little pricey here at $2.29 each, the true surprise was the Brain Freezin' D'oh-Nut Sundaes. It is the ambrosia of the gods and the apple of Eden. However, the biggest donut that we've mentioned (which is about the size of your face) costs $7.99. Savings vary by day. How do you flip this monstrosity? You can get a Flaming Moe at Moes Tavern, a Krusty burger, and some Duff Beer if youre not underage. Join for free! 100 Universal City Plaza Universal Studios Hollywood, Springfield, Los Angeles, CA 91608 + Add phone number Website. When its time to take the Simpsons donut out, it should stay in one piece if you cooked it through completely. Toppings include caramel, hot fudge, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, peanuts, Reese's Pieces, and Oreo Topping. I know! Lard Lad Donuts 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal Studios Hollywood, Springfield, Los Angeles, CA 91608 (Universal City Area) Website Improve this listing Ranked #18 of 368 Quick Bites in Los Angeles 159 Reviews Neighborhood: Universal City Area Jamie_kins_8 Illinois 39 12 Reviewed September 20, 2022 via mobile This makes it dangerous to flip the giant donut without spreading super hot oil everywhere, let alone keep the donut in one piece. Universal Orlando Express Pass Save Money And Skip The Lines! Put dough on a flat surface and stretch into a donut shape. But everything changes when he asks Marge for a donut and she has NO clue what it is. As a tribute to their importance, Universal Studios has included a crashed police car right outside the donut shop. Simpsons donuts from Lard Lad vs Kwik E Mart? A donut chart showing which nutrients contribute to the caloric total. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Or for something from Disney, how about blue and green milk from Star Wars: Galaxys Edge! This iconic donut exists on TV as a gigantic round piece of fried bread with rich pink icing and rainbow sprinkles. At Universal Studios they have a whole Simpsons area,and we quickly stumbled upon Lard Lads, where we had to try the 'Big Pink'. Read: Why You HAVE to Try Universal Orlando Food Mobile Ordering. The Big Pink! There are 260 calories in The Simpsons - Donuts Topped With Pink Icing And Sprinkles coming from 6% protein, 49% carbs, 45% fat, and 0% alcohol. Copyright 2012-2023. It was huge! To really drive the point home, I need to mention again that donuts were once the currency of Springfield in the app The Simpsons: Tapped Out. The Big Pink Simpsons donut has been made to fit into those huge hands. A parody of the Bob's Big Boy chain of restaurants, Lard Lad Donuts is responsible for one of the most iconic items in the Simpsons universe: the pink sprinkled Lard Lad Donut. Dry Mixture: Combine yeast, 1 cup flour, salt and sugar in medium size bowl. Lard Lad Donuts is a small Simpsons themed donut shop with walk-up service. I found the middle ground to be about 340 degrees Fahrenheit. We like to use the Dining Plan snack to purchase The Big Pink. Let us know how it was! Mix until they are combined. My name is NikkyJ and Im the owner of ThemeParkHipster. Can't wait to go back, i'll definitely get another it was so awesome meeting you! LARD LAD DONUTS - 567 Photos & 203 Reviews - Donuts - 100 Universal City Plz, Universal City, CA - Phone Number - Yelp Lard Lad Donuts 203 reviews Claimed $$ Donuts Open 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM See 572 photos Voodoo Doughnut K's Donut Emporium Kwik-E-Mart Perfect Donuts Holly Donut Shop Donut Prince The Baked Bear Donut Hut Fantastic Donuts & Croissants InSpringfield: Home of the Simpsons, which is inUniversal Studios Florida. Its smoke point is relatively low, around 370 to 375 F, but if you can keep the temperature at around 360 to 365 F, it will produce crispy, flavorful fried chicken. You can walk down Fast Food Blvd and look at Krusty the Clowns big head towering over you. 2023 Orlando Informer Travel. We Finally Saw The Bourne Stuntacular & Queue! Which sounds expensive for a donut but the size and quality justify it. But,there's lots of other treats that don't have dairy. . Seamlessly connect with clients, access food & exercise log, analyze trends, and provide feedback. Get full nutrition facts for your favorite foods and brands. schumigirl The Big Pink costs a humble $7.99. D'oh-nuts - $3.99 Made fresh daily and available in single or four-pack. It should be very foamy. Yes, some donuts are usually fried in lard. Great service too! It will be crazy greasy and not tasty. Let's connect on social media, and be sure to subscribe to my email so you wont miss a post! Thats how important donuts are to Homer. Pink Donut. You just brightened mine even more! 1 check-in This is a great place to stop while at Universal Studios! I can bet that every little yellow person who walks around on the screen ate one at some point in the show. It's delicious! This page was last updated on. News and Updates Tickets Maps Parks Hours Parades / Fireworks Theme Parks Resorts Dining / Menus Events / Holidays Discounts. But I would say it would be best if you checked in with the people serving the donuts before buying them (if youre vegan or vegetarian). For the poor souls who havent watched it yet, The Simpsons is about (obviously) the Simpson family consisting of Homer and Marge Simpson and their three children Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. Towering high above the new area is the iconic Lard Lad's Donut statue and beneath it sits a relatively small stand where you can purchase your favorite fried treats from the show including D'oh-nuts, Apple Fritters, Ice Cream Conans, Brain Freezin' Sundaes and of course The Big Pink Donut. ThemeParkHipster: A subsidiary of NJ Vaughn Media, LLC. We checked out Springfield Fast Food Boulevards Big Pink Donut and is Lard Lad Donuts better than Voodoo Donut.