Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles reacts to defeating Lamar to win the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here. on Nov. 25, 2016. Defensively, the Wolves have been one of the best in the state throughout the year while allowing 17.8 points per game. The NCAA is making some significant changes to how colleges are allowed to recruit high school athletes. If you ask anyone on the Reeds Spring football team, they wouldn't have believed you if you told them before the season that they'd be playing in a state championship game. However, the Falcons weren't able to make much happen and had to punt with half a quarter remaining. On 11/11, the Lamar County varsity football team won their home playoff game against Claxton (GA) by a score of 42-21. Lamar is led by 13 seniors who have made a big impact on the field, at practice, and in school. Lamar, with its two-quarterback, double wing offense, rushed 57 times for 418 yards. He was the 2A MVP as a senior and he led his team to two state Lamar Tigers quarterback Stuart McKarus (17) celebrates after scoring a touchdown during fourth quarter action of the MSHSAA Class 2 State Championship Game between the Lamar High School Tigers and the Trinity Catholic High School Titans at Robert W. Plaster Stadium in Springfield, Mo. The father of the 15-year-old boy accused of fatally shooting a student and wounding another at Lamar High School in Arlington last The game features a pair of Missouri State commits in Reeds Spring's Wiest and Cardinal Ritter tight end Dallas Winner-Johnson. WebTimpview High School (THS) is a public secondary school located in Provo, Utah, United States. The Lamar Tigers won the game 26-18. Thats infectious and other people want to match that., How to watch: Colorado high school football state championships from CSU Pueblo. Wyatt D. Wheeler is a reporter and columnist with the Springfield News-Leader. JUSTIN KIM LOGAN 76 72 148 76 72 STUART HOPKINS LOGAN 84 83 167 80 On Lamar's next drive, the Tigers found the end zone for the second time, again on a run play by Beshore, this one for six yards. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles' Kaleb Mays (23) reaches for a pass during a game against Lamar in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. A pair of southwest Missouri high school football programs will play for state championships this weekend at the Show-Me Bowl in Columbia. Lamar High School Football; Lamar Football. Brogan Barr intercepted Rankin and returned the pick 50 yards for the score. The school's lone state football championship is chronicled in Dr. Brent Melloy's book, UNHERALDED: How Jacquizz Rodgers led the 2007 Lamar Consolidated Mustangs to an improbable Texas State Championship. This year, the Falcons are averaging 57. Lamar's stats have been entered for the 35-12 win @ Huntsville on 8/26/2022 7:00 PM. Since 2011, the state championships victories have been blowouts and nail-biters. The action went all the way to the end in this one with the Tigers driving all the way down to the Blair Oaks 25-yard-line. Stroud No. Lutheran St. Charles reacts to defeating Lamar to win the Class 2 state championship at the Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Luepke was a four-sport athlete in high school, competing in football, wrestling, baseball and track and field. Tournament The firstcame midway through the third quarter when Ryan Dirksen blocked a punt and pounced on the bounding ball at the Lamar 1. 5 seed Eaton opened the playoffs with a minor upset over No. It ended a 20-year drought for Eaton, which last won a state crown in 2000. The Tigers are right there with Webb City as southwest Missouri's premiere program having won eight state titles since 2011. Class 3 State Championship Saturday, 11 a.m. Lamar becomes first Missouri school to win 6 consecutive state football titles. He has a handful of weapons including 1,000-yard receiver James Dowdy who has caught 37 passes with 13 going for touchdowns. 3,056. According to the complaint, homicide detectives spoke with Porter as part of their investigation, who told them that he had a Smith & Wesson .357-caliber handgun in the apartment. Contests & Promotions, 2023, The Networks of Mid-Missouri Columbia, MO USA, Man in critical condition after motorcycle crash on Highway 50, West Ash Street to close between Hirth and Sanford Avenues May 10 for tree removal, Two arrested, charged after Saturday chases. Marcus Washington led Trinity Catholics offense with six receptions for 153 yards and a touchdown that came on a 65-yard reception. Lamar made sure to respond, and Beshore had his first passing touchdown of the day. 55, bulled in for the score to give Eaton a 14-0 lead. Running back Cooper Lucas led the Tigers with 110 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Zaeem Shaikh, Staff, Reporter. Finally, on the third fourth down, Blair Oaks got the stop, putting them only one kneel away from victory. In a defensive struggle in the first half, one big play was the difference in a 7-0 Eaton lead. If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here. Stats are entered by the coach or designated team statistician in the admin. Change was afoot in the spring of 2008 when the returning junior players asked for a meeting. Blair Oaks defeats Lamar 32-27 in Class 2 state championship, Blair Oaks football scores 54, beats Maryville in opening game, Blair Oaks earns decisive victory against Lutheran North, Blair Oaks claims decisive victory over Osage, HIGHLIGHTS: Battle soccer blanks Blair Oaks on Senior Night, Battle girls soccer routs Blair Oaks behind Miller's four goals, HIGHLIGHTS: Libbert & Blair Oaks blank Cap City, Blair Oaks' Wil Libbert pitching dominates, as they shut out Capital City 6-0, Capital City outlasts Rock Bridge on the pitch 2-1, MU commit Libbert shines as Blair Oaks baseball blanks Hickman. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com. Watch on COLUMBIA, Mo. Cline wrote that a records trace of the shotgun revealed a relative of Porters had bought it. Leading the charge is senior QB Zane Rankin and his immediate impact onLamars offense. That made it 21-0 and Eaton appeared to be in control. Eaton is makingitseighth title game appearance in program history, its first since 2003, and is looking for its first state title since taking down Rooseveltin 2000. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lamar's Joel Beshore (18) is tackled by Lutheran St. Charles' Cyril Holloway (38) in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. Copyright USA TODAY High School Sports 2023, https://usatodayhss.com/2016/lamar-makes-history-with-state-championship-win, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. The Tigers attempted to get within three, but their first attempt at a two-point conversion was flagged for offensive pass interference and the second was no good, making the score 32-27 Blair Oaks. 19-best the state's ever seen. Probably the only guy in Delaware high school football who already has NFL size (6-foot-7, 300 pounds). Its going to be pretty cool looking and back and saying we went 57-2 and won four rings in four years, Mooney said. The Savages finally scored with 1:36 left in the third quarter when quarterback Zane Rankin rambled in from 30 yards out. The Falcons are led by senior quarterback Dylan Hair who will go down as one of the most productive quarterbacks in the state's history. Quarterback Dylan Hair had taken a few deep shots already, and midway through the second quarter, he connected with Alec Weiberg on a 78-yard touchdown pass. A turnaround known as The Brotherhood has led to what no other Missouri school has achieved seven consecutive state championships. Zay Flowers, a native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, signed with Boston College over offers that included Syracuse, South Carolina and more, per 247Sports. Height: 6-3. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles' Arlen Harris Jr. (33) carries the ball into the end zone in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. Blair Oaks has put up historic offensive numbers over the years which included title wins in 2018 and 2020 while averaging 52.2 points or more over the two seasons. 2 seedSterling,and followed it up in Round 2 when he threw the only TD of the game for Lamar in a 7-6 win overNo. The vitals on Lamar Jackson. OVERALL 0-0 0.00 Win % CONFERENCE 0-0 1st4A Region 4. And then came an unexpected outpouring of emotions team-wide before the 2017 state game. Its going to be a good memory. The Lutheran St. Charles Cougars scored a touchdown with 6 seconds to play to win their first footballstate championship. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Chieftain interim sports editor Jeff Letofsky can be reached by email at jletofsky@chieftain.com or on Twitter @jeffletofsky, Lamar 0 0 6 15 -- 21, E--Juan Maravilla 6 run (Jose Lopez kick), 2:11, L--Zane Rankin 30 run (pass failed), 1:36, L--Greyden Martinez 71 pass from Rankin (Blake Buxton pass from Rankin), 11:01, E--Brogan Barr 50 interception return (Lopez kick), 8:52, L--Buxton 32 pass from Rankin (Luis Dela Torre kick), 7:15. Its unreal to have the support we have and the love that our community has for us, Whyman said. Last chance! Two words come to mind when describing the Lamar football program. ForNo. 2022 AHSAA Centennial Bank State Football Lamar and Blair Oaks have each made the state championship twice since 2018 with the Falcons winning both and the Tigers splitting their most recent appearances. "I don't really care about next weekend, I like right now," LePage said. It starts with the kids, Bailey said. Blair Oaks punted on its next drive, and Lamar started its second drive with steady progress. This marks the fourth state championship for head coach Ted LePage at Blair Oaks with the previous ones coming in 2004, 2018 and most recently in 2020. All he said was, We just want to know how to win again.. But while the coaching staff and players tackled the rebuild as any group would such as enhancing the weight training program, connecting with businesses and supporting other school programs other turning points proved critical. A Hair run made it first and goal inside the five, and three plays later, another Hair run put the Falcons back on top early in the fourth quarter. A federal magistrate judge ordered that Porter should be detained, writing that his criminal history, the facts and circumstances of the offense, including the death of another related to his offense, make him a risk of flight or nonappearance and a danger to the community unless detained.. The Lamar Tigers won the game 26-18. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles' Kaleb Mays (23) carries the ball during a game against Lamar in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. 5Eaton High School football, pulling off upsets is how they got to the Class 2A state championship game,so neitherteam will be overlooking the other. Lamar stepped up to the challenge, and the Raiders brought yet another trophy back to Meridian. 6Delta. Scheme-wise, I was trying to fit these guys into what I knew best, not necessarily what they did best, Bailey said. The Reeds Spring Wolves defeated Sullivan 49-20 to advance to the school's first state championship game. Chanel joined ABC 17 News in January 2021 after graduating from Penn State University. The defensive back leads the team with 101 tackles and he took his first interception of the season to the house in last week's semifinal win over Seneca. The two-point conversion was no good, making the score 26-21 Blair Oaks. WebThis home movie captures four Odessa High School football games from the 1950s. Trinity Catholic coach Cory Patterson described playing Lamar astotally one of the most physical games.. The Falcons started with the ball, but Lamar scored first, finishing its first drive witha 21-yard touchdown run by quarterback Joel Beshore to take a 7-0 lead. Senior quarterback Matt Whyman was overcome by the number of fans Lamar had in attendance on the Missouri State campus. Quarterback Stuart McKarus rushed 22 times for 97 yards and two touchdowns. Zaeem Shaikh is a reporter covering breaking news for The Dallas Morning News. Box 1349 Vernon, AL 35592 Stadium: George Bell Stadium Colors: Black & Gold Coach: Robert Bradford Region: 2A-R5 NOTE: We recognize any All State Team we have completed for each classification. Its unclear where Porter is being detained. FINAL: Lamar 21, Eaton 28 5:39 PM on Apr 26, 2023 CDT. Before his time at Weber State, Eichorn prepped at Beaver High School in Beaver, Utah. On 10/14, the Lamar varsity football team lost their home conference game against Pottsville (AR) by a score of 27-21. Preston Blubaugh has been one of the better backs in the area with 1,320 yards and four touchdowns in just 10 games played. They enjoyed playing football together and they knew they werent going to get to do it again.. The majority of the passes go to Michigan commit Fredrick Moore who has 59 catches for 1,347 yards and 22 touchdowns. I dont know where God is going to take me, but I know that I give Him all the glory on the field, and I give Him all the glory after this. Some of the nation's best high school football players attend. WebLamar County All Star Players and Awards Lamar County Bulldogs Lamar County High School P.O. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles' Michael Parr Jr. (6) and Kaleb Mays (23) celebrate during a game against Lamar in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. 2022 MSHSAA State Championship 11-Man Football Class 2 11/26-12/2/22. 1 overall running back in the country, depending on the recruiting service, and a top-two player in Arizona in the class of 2020. More:What has made this season so special for Reeds Spring, Lamar as they enter state championships. (KMIZ) The Blair Oaks Falcons are once again Class 2 State Champions after a back-and-forth game with Lamar Friday at Faurot The Wolves will face a Cardinal Ritter opponent that has been nothing short of dominant throughout this season as the Lions enter the game 13-0. Here's what you need to know about both teams and their opponents. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lamar's Logan Crockett (24) carries the ball during a game against Lutheran St. Charles in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. More:Reeds Spring football advances to first state championship in school history with win over Sullivan. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles' Arlen Harris Jr. (33) carries the ball into the end zone for a late-game touchdown against Lamar in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. The unit has 26 sacks this season to go along with 11 interceptions. Benedict Colleges Johnson Stadium Columbia. Watch this highlight video of the Lamar (AR) football team in its game Recap: Lamar vs. Harmony Grove 2022 on Sep 30, 2022. I think the biggest thing is now theyre just having fun playing football. Fax: 417-889-2761. In the end, they couldn't convert on 4th and 21 which gave the ball back to Blair Oaks to end the game. Colorado High School Football State Championship Central, CHSAA, Dave Logan offer praise for Pueblo's push to host Colorado high school football championships, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Against Blair Oaks, Lamar built a two-touchdown advantage, only to see it nearly squandered in a second quarter dotted with verbal in-fighting. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. The Tarrant County medical examiners office said the cause of death for the 16-year-old boy killed in the shooting was shotgun wounds of the head and chest. In the Falcons' state semifinal win over Bowling Green, he scored eight total touchdowns and compiled 588 total yards of offense. Class 2 State Championship Friday, 3 p.m. A pair of state juggernauts will meet on Friday afternoon for the opportunity to add to their already-impressive resumes when it comes to winning state championships. We went out and we played some defense," said linebacker Holden Brand. For Lamar, it extended a 59-year drought without a title. Lamar's offense punted for the first time in the game, and on Blair Oaks' next drive, the Falcons broke through. WebMissouri State High School Activities Association MSHSAA Test Site MSHSAA Facebook Page MSHSAA Twitter Page MSHSAA Instagram Page. For the Lamar High School football team, the long wait continues. 10. For the Lamar High School football team, the long wait continues. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, 1 hurt in Darlington County shooting Monday night, Met Gala: Tennis star, supermodel reveal pregnancies, Robeson Co. man escapes from Virginia prison Monday, Man linked to killing of NC deputy escapes from jail, Crazy Town singer faces DUI charge in Myrtle Beach, Hartsville man gets 10 years for drug, gun crimes, Coroner: 14-year-old killed in Horry Co. bar shooting, Florence man, FL woman sentenced in pandemic fraud, FMU softball wins Conference Carolinas championship,, 15 student-athletes sign at Carolina Forest High, 4 CCU football players ink professional deals over, NFL players daughter drowns after falling in pool, No. For instance, the 2007 season forced Bailey to look in the mirror. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lamar's Joel Beshore (18) looks to pass during a game against Lutheran St. Charles in the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. Blair Oaks got the ball and quickly made it to midfield, when a pass interference call on third down kept the drive alive. That brought the Savages to within 21-14 after Blake Buxton hauled in the 2-point conversion from Rankin. "In high school I was actually No. This one went for 72, and after a missed extra point, put the Falcons up 32-21. Here's everything you need to know about Hendon Hooker's college career. But after moving the ball to its own 39, Rankin was sacked by Morgan Tribbett and Dirksen recovered to seal the win for the Reds. In a criminal complaint, Bryan Cline, a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives task force officer, wrote that Arlington police responded to a fatal shooting where they seized a Mossberg model 500 12-gauge shotgun near the scene. Lamar, SC (WBTW) The Lamar Silver Foxes are a perfect 14-0 and are 48 minutes away from winning their 2nd Class A state championship in 3 years if they can Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles' Demetris Phillips (88) reacts to winning the Class 2 Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. Buxton had three catches for 94 yards and Martinez had four catches for 91 yards. To report an error or typo, email news@komu.com. Lamar has become part of my identity, Nolen Web42-21 (W) Lamar County vs. Claxton. Upsets in playoff games will usually drawineven the most casual of sports fans. Lamar Tigers safety Tanner Phipps (12) intercepts a pass intended for Trinity Catholic Titans wide receiver Darion Bolden (5) during second quarter action of the MSHSAA Class 2 State Championship Game between the Lamar High School Tigers and the Trinity Catholic High School Titans at Robert W. Plaster Stadium in Springfield, Mo. Weight: 211 pounds. Forbes announced to the media on Friday that he would keep the No. Michael Gulledge, Special to STLhighschoolsports.com, Lutheran St. Charles reacts to defeating Lamar to win the Class 2 state championship at the Show-Me Bowl, Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, at Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Mo. The final weekend of high school football is here, and a couple of KC-area teams on the Missouri side of the state line were playing for championships. Has won 23 consecutive games. For Eaton, the wait is over. Lamar, SC (WBTW) The Lamar Silver Foxes are a perfect 14-0 and are 48 minutes away from winning their 2nd Class A state championship in 3 years if they can defeat Baptist Hill on Friday night. No. Daily News & Weather Updates Authorities also found that Porter attempted to purchase a gun from a licensed firearms dealer in 2014 and 2020 but was denied after a background check showed his felony convictions. Lamar started the second half on offense and quickly faced fourth and one at midfield. The complaint does not specify that the shooting the officers responded to was March 20 at Lamar High School, but a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorneys Office for the Northern District of Texas said Porter is the father of the boy who is being held on a capital murder charge in connection with the shooting. But at halftime we all apologized for poor leadership, and I believe we reached another level.. In the regular-State Championship finale last year on sep.26 , Lamar the youngest player in High School Football history to record a triple-double, posting 23 points, 26 rebounds, and 26 assists at 29 years, 329 days On 10/7, the Lamar varsity football team won their away conference game against Mayflower (AR) by a score of 36-21. The Falcons were unable to convert the two-point conversion, so the score was 14-12 Lamar heading into halftime. Full He was ordered to remain in custody and undergo psychiatric evaluation. Rankin has completed 64 of 123 passes for 1,252 yards along with 14 TDs and eight interceptions while also rushing the ball 95 times 606 yards, second most on the team, and seven TDs. Philadelphia: Markell Holman, RB, Smyrna. Position: Quarterback. School: Louisville. True was named the game's MVP. UIL State Football Champions . Last season Lake View took them out in the state title, so the guys have been in a mission since that game ended to get back into this state spotlight.